Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What Are You Working On??????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-working-t47783.html)

garysgal 06-02-2010 08:55 PM

Linda, that is so pretty. You are talented to change a pattern. I don't think I have the nerve to change patterns. I am a coward at heart I guess. lol

suesews 06-02-2010 08:56 PM

Hi Bev...On Monday, when you asked this question, I was hard at work on a summer table runner I am making to sell at a craft sale on 6-26. Gone all day Tues., so I finished sewing down the binding this morning. Now I've started a set of hexagon place mats, with beautiful blue, teal and gold butterflys in the center hex. Maybe I will figure out how to post a pic of these when I'm done...LOL. BTW you shd be watching your mail this week.

Sue

suesews 06-02-2010 08:56 PM

Hi Bev...On Monday, when you asked this question, I was hard at work on a summer table runner I am making to sell at a craft sale on 6-26. Gone all day Tues., so I finished sewing down the binding this morning. Now I've started a set of hexagon place mats, with beautiful blue, teal and gold butterflys in the center hex. Maybe I will figure out how to post a pic of these when I'm done...LOL. BTW you shd be watching your mail this week.

Sue

wildyard 06-02-2010 09:01 PM

Aww, thanks. I must say tho, that it isn't so much talent as it is ignorance. I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS GETTING INTO. LOL. I wanted mine to be bigger than the one we are all making so I decided, "hey, np, I'll just double the size of all my pieces!". Well, let me tell you, it surely does NOT work that way as I have learned only too well over the 3 months I have been doing this. So, I have learned the art of.... adaptation from necessity, but I am loving it all the same, and it's a great experience for me.

garysgal 06-02-2010 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Aww, thanks. I must say tho, that it isn't so much talent as it is ignorance. I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS GETTING INTO. LOL. I wanted mine to be bigger than the one we are all making so I decided, "hey, np, I'll just double the size of all my pieces!". Well, let me tell you, it surely does NOT work that way as I have learned only too well over the 3 months I have been doing this. So, I have learned the art of.... adaptation from necessity, but I am loving it all the same, and it's a great experience for me.

Well, whatever the reason, it turned out really beautiful and I think you are talented!!

dljennings 06-03-2010 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by bjdemir
What a neat pattern Wildyard. Do you have a name for it?

LOL, well, I guess I'd have to name it WildWindmill... because see, I was adapting the size of the original windmill pattern, and a slight.. ahemm.. adjustment was required, which resulted in the pattern you see. Hugs and biggggggg smilessss. Linda

PS: I just couldn't waste the material because I had cut it too short, so I added the rectangular piece of the floral print to the background piece that was too short.

that would be my dh's favorite saying "improvise, adapt, overcome" yes he is a former marine.

wildyard 06-03-2010 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by dljennings

Originally Posted by bjdemir
What a neat pattern Wildyard. Do you have a name for it?

LOL, well, I guess I'd have to name it WildWindmill... because see, I was adapting the size of the original windmill pattern, and a slight.. ahemm.. adjustment was required, which resulted in the pattern you see. Hugs and biggggggg smilessss. Linda

PS: I just couldn't waste the material because I had cut it too short, so I added the rectangular piece of the floral print to the background piece that was too short.

that would be my dh's favorite saying "improvise, adapt, overcome" yes he is a former marine.

I do believe that is going to become my quilting motto from now on!! Perfect for a newbie like me!!! IMPROVISE, ADAPT, OVERCOME!!!

wildyard 06-03-2010 09:07 AM

Well, whatever the reason, it turned out really beautiful and I think you are talented!![/quote]

Thank you, garysgal, I appreciate your kind words!! Hugs and smilessss, Linda

kclausing 06-03-2010 09:11 AM

Love the blocks. I tend to love the crazy, lots of fabrics quilts.

tryitall 06-03-2010 10:41 AM

Weeeeeeeeeell! One lap throw, one twin sized quilt, Tater Bakers, Can Cozies, Snak Bags, ect, ect. But I'll finish......eventually......NEVER! I will always be working on something!