Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is your favorite color combination for quilts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-favorite-color-combination-quilts-t117958.html)

Tinabug 04-23-2011 09:56 AM

I love a quilt I made with just black and white prints
and the and my accent was hot pink. I'm doing another one with the black/white prints and deep lime green. These are just my favs.at the moment!

QuiltingMia 04-23-2011 10:02 AM

Why not use university colors?

canuckninepatch 04-23-2011 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by JoAnnGC
I love pink and turquoise but if I were making something for my daughter I would definitely ask her what colors she would like in the quilt and maybe have her pick out the fabrics herself (within my budget, of course). That way you won't be wondering if she likes your choices or not.

I agree - that's what I did when my daughter left for University many years ago. Back then I didn't make a quilt, but I made a duvet cover and she picked out the fabric.

Mgrubbs 04-23-2011 12:15 PM

I see a lot of brown, pink combos, also aqua and brown.
What is her favorite color? I am sure you will make her happy whatever colors you use.

ggreenridley 04-23-2011 12:29 PM

What are the school colors? I am making one for my granddaughter using the school's colors.

dljennings 04-23-2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by mh2559
You might want the dominate colors to be the colors of the school. I have made 2 of my grandchildren quilts in their school colors fussy cutting the mascot. I am working on 3 more in other school colors.

that's what i will be doing this summer... if she EVER commits to one!

ree-nee 04-23-2011 12:41 PM

I would love to suggest a loud scrappy quilt.
Or, maybe, even a OBW.

insgal62 04-23-2011 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Millstream Mom
I am planning my next project, a quilt for my daughter when she heads off to university in the autumn. The apartment bedroom is painted off-white and very bright. When we saw it I thought - this place needs some color! :roll:

Can you please help me with the most difficult part of my quilt-making? I am terribly lacking in skill when it comes to picking color combos and usually have to cheat by copying something from a magazine, or ordering a quilt-kit. :oops: I have plenty of scraps, so I'm thinking a nice scrappy windmill might be in order!

I am going on a bus tour with our local guild to a show in early May - with several planned stops at LQS's. Can you please suggest your favorite 3 color and 4 color combos?

My absolute favorite colors are purples and yellows with greens. Check out the quilt I posted yesterday called Cornflowers. You don't have to make that particular quilt because mine was a queen size, but you can see how nice the colors all look together. That quilt has 3 shades of purples, yellow and two shades of green on a white background. They look great together!! But I agree with what someone else said. It's the love you put in to it more than the colors! Good luck!!

stitchin 04-23-2011 01:03 PM

Have not read all the responces, but what are your daughters favs?

applique 04-23-2011 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
Blues, greens and purples are my favorite.

I love this combo too!