Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is in your stash? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-stash-t308305.html)

NJ Quilter 11-27-2019 09:59 AM

I don't maintain a fabric stash for a variety of reasons. I do keep larger pieces of leftover fabric but that's it in terms of fabric. But I do have a roll of batting on hand, just in case. And of course just about all the notions one could need.

Jordan 11-27-2019 11:25 AM

I think the best thing to have in a stash is neutrals or whites. Sometime you can find nice blenders in your favorite colors and they can be added onto blocks of your color choice.

Jan in VA 11-27-2019 01:02 PM

The one thing most of us agree on but too often forget to mention is -- chocolate!!!
I soothes the soul, encourages clearer thinking, helps creativity, and keeps all things in perspective. An essential component of designing, cutting, piecing, and quilting. :D :thumbup:

Jan in VA

bearisgray 11-27-2019 01:54 PM

Maybe some band-aids.
Nail file/emery board and nail clippers.
Lotion
Kleenex/tissues

AprilM 11-27-2019 02:42 PM

Yes, bandaids - forgot all about those!!! (dont ask!)

osewme 11-27-2019 02:51 PM

I would have to say to never run out of machine needles. Other than hand sewing, one really can't sew/quilt without a needle in their machine. I say this because it has almost happened to me. I got ready to change a bent needle out the other day only to find out that I only had one needle left. :shock: Well, I had a few Jeans needles & some Metallica needles but only one everyday/quilting needle. Next time I'm in town I will stock up on needles.

pocoellie 11-27-2019 04:03 PM

I have enough fabric that I never have to wonder if I have enough for small projects. LOL

Chelleinstitches 11-27-2019 07:42 PM

I love all the responses. Thank you for responding ��

origamigoldfish 11-27-2019 08:07 PM

I keep several different sizes of pins and clips on hand, extra sewing machine needles, and threads in neutral colors. I tend to put projects to the side when I finish the top because I never have batting, so I always try to keep an extra pack of batting plus safety pins in the closet or under my bed. If I am snowed in, I don't want to be breathing in spray basting fumes because I can't open the windows.

I always keep a small basket of handwork in my car's console for when I get stranded at work too. Sometimes I will sit out in my car and wait for a storm to pass or rush hour traffic to get off the roads before I try to drive home. It is always nice to sit with a little fabric and sew than worry about the roads.

Ps...always keep a spare rotary cutter blade somewhere!

zozee 11-27-2019 08:27 PM

Some people like to make their own "kits" for days like that. If you wash, iron, and cut the pieces ahead of time, that'll get a big chunk of prep work out of the way and you'll be ready to roll. Keep the pieces (labeled), pattern (or note to the link) with it, plus thread in a ziploc bag, label it, and put it somewhere easy to access.

I also like to keep a hard eyeglasses case stocked with a bobbin of neutral thread, small scissors, thimble, needle stuck into a small piece of batting (to make it easy to find), and a few Wonder clips. I can keep that case in my purse or by the recliner and pull out handwork when the mood strikes.