Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's you newest obsession? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-you-newest-obsession-t194313.html)

Skittl1321 07-12-2012 07:36 AM

I've decided to learn to paint on my quilts. I so badly want to be an "art" quilter, but seem to be missing the art gene...so I'm always looking for a new thing to try.

Oh, and shadow trapunto, I fell in love with that, but the dense fillers are killing me. It takes a full day to quilt a 12" square...

suzieQ 07-12-2012 07:57 AM

yes iam into english paper piecing love it so realxing can take anywere i made a neet purse to suzieQ

suzieQ 07-12-2012 08:00 AM

i made apurse with e p piecing suzieQ

Scrap41 07-12-2012 08:10 AM

Mine right now is Batiks; I am working on 6 different quilts using Batiks!!!
Just found out I will be GGM in February, and she wants a black/white
with yellow and turquoise baby quilt!!! I have black/white prints, just
need the yellow and turquoise! Also her best friend is expecting in Feb.
too, so that means another baby quilt. So when her friend finds out
boy or girl, I will know what quilt to make for her. When her friend got
married, I asked what shewanted and she said a quilt. I gave her my
Daisies In My Garden quilt to them for a shower/wedding gift and they
loved it. So I know, whatever I make, both of them will love the quilt.

DawnA 07-12-2012 08:30 AM

Me

too with the birds! I collected 10 retro looking birdie fabrics. Cut them out yesterday..9inch bird blocks alternating with 9inch four patches in aqua and teal. Go for it!
Ohh, please post a pic of this when you are done? This sounds so cute!

KathyPhillips 07-12-2012 08:33 AM

Not your Grandmother's Flower Garden and anything with batiks!!

helenquilt 07-12-2012 08:35 AM

Saw a picture done in stain glass and I am copyig it to quilting. It will finish 26X36. Really a challenge for me but fun to work on.

cowpie2 07-12-2012 08:47 AM

Oh my, me too!! I made a small GFG for my grandaughter and am almost done assembling a queensize for myself. So said to have no more hexi's to baste so I decided I would make another. It is the perfect take along project - at least until you get to the final stages.

Originally Posted by rrhaigh (Post 5356870)
I am stuck on English Paper Piecing hexagons - Grandmothers Flower Garden. I never did them until now and it is addicting = so easy to do while with DH in the evening while he watches TV. I don't watch much TV, but want to be with my DH and now I can at least be "quilting" while in the living room with him instead of sitting idle!

nhweaver 07-12-2012 08:51 AM

William Morris fabric - love the colors- I am on making my second quilt using barbara Brackman's fabric line. And there is a new line coming out in the fall.

nygal 07-12-2012 08:55 AM

My newest interest is learning how to quilt by machine. I have a new quilting machine and quilt frame due to arrive any day and a nice workspace for it in my stuido so I am ready to "learn" and start quilting my quilt tops after some practice.