Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's you newest obsession? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-you-newest-obsession-t194313.html)

Quiltlady330 07-12-2012 09:13 AM

Totes in all the bright colors as well as in batiks. Love them!

vhord620 07-12-2012 12:03 PM

My obsession is collecting patterns...I must have gazillions and still looking for more freebies. I have also purchased $$$$ of patterns I'll probably never live long enough to use. I did the same thing with Machine Embroidery designs, Stained Glass designs...a hard drive full of patterns...I need help! But I'm having a blast. I want to do it all.

reginalovesfabric 07-12-2012 12:18 PM

I'm doing lots of crazy quilts, one halloween that is in the frames now and it's tooooo cute with a matching candy bag. I have 4 more to do, one is birds, two are USM golden eagles and one is a turkey

crtwelvecats 07-12-2012 12:22 PM

I did my first quilt of houses on the hillside in 1996. I still love houses and birdhouses type quilts. but right now I'm into doing redwork . I am doing them on muslim that will be with red squares in between each one with a red border They are flowers in vases. this is something new for me I'm really enjpying it . even though I need to get back into doing a couple of more quillows for the last two people I need to. But just can't get into them now I just want to do my redwork.

GailG 07-12-2012 01:19 PM

I still haven't made all of the traditional quilts that I'd like to make. And my bucket list just keeps getting longer and longer. The more I see all of the pretties here, the more I want to branch out. Sometimes I wish someone would just lock me in a cave with all of my quilting things.

Greenheron 07-12-2012 01:55 PM

I've been weeding out fabric, new & used, unsuited to quilts and find I LOVE crocheting rag rugs. I have a cotton one, an all flannel one, a poly-cotton and now working on a polo shirt rug.

franc36 07-12-2012 02:00 PM

I'm into hand appliqué at the moment. When I tire of that, I'll probably do quick quilts using layer cakes, jelly rolls, etc.

bobquilt3 07-12-2012 02:22 PM

I've gone from stars to klidescopes and tried my first one block wonder. Love them. Klidescopes are my favorite but OBWs are fun and fast. I get out my two mirrors and the most amazing designs appear.

carolaug 07-12-2012 02:29 PM

I love both theme quilts...something that reminds me of the person I am making it for and also enjoying scrappy quilts. I never thought I would say that...I love the scrappy strip quilts.

nitza 07-12-2012 02:44 PM

For me it is finding my nitch in quilting. I'm Learning new methods of quilting. So far I have done a scrappy log cabin from start to finish. Have a Simple strip quilt to bind, I am Doing International Sun Bonnett Sue with Fusable web which I love and do this as a fill in when I don't have my machine. I am layering a scrappy square quilt pieced by my DD to work on for a retreat. I have two Mckenna Ryan Patterns i'm collecting fabric for and a third I'm waiting to come out. I also have a couple of needle turn projects underway. I'm taking a Quilting 101 class now and want to learn paper and foundation piecing next. And I have only been doing this for a year. LOL