Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's on your design board right now? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-your-design-board-right-now-t213136.html)

retiredteacher09 02-07-2013 03:03 PM

I have 3 things on my design wall. 1. Judy's mystery quilt. 2. A baby quilt 3. Strips sewn together waiting for me to decide on how I want to cut it.

pollyjvan9 02-08-2013 10:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have a denim blue jeans rug started, an art quilt that I think I am ready to start beading, but not sure, orphan blocks I am playing with to see if I can get a quilt out of them, and I am still working on valentines and St Pat's Day cards. The valentine is one I made for my younger daughter. The pin represents her, the two red hearts represent her two older boys, and the crystal one is her youngest son who is waiting for us in heaven.

pollyjvan9 02-08-2013 11:36 AM

I have a denim blue jeans rug started, an art quilt that I think I am ready to start beading, but not sure, orphan blocks I am playing with to see if I can get a quilt out of them, and I am still working on valentines and St Pat's Day cards. The valentine is one I made for my younger daughter. The pin represents her, the two red hearts are her represent her two older boys, and the crystal one is her youngest son who is waiting for us in heaven.

lots2do 02-08-2013 12:18 PM

Pollyjvan9, I think that little project for your daughter is lovely. I also think the way you displayed it is very clever. Did you use some kind of thick interfacing for it? I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss.

pollyjvan9 02-10-2013 06:17 AM

lots2do - thank you for your kind remarks. I started making quilted postcards last year and make at least a few for each holiday. I think the stabelizer in the card is called Timtex. I bought it at Hancocks. It is very stiff. I sew my design onto the Timtex, do all the decorative stitching before adding the white or offwhite backing with glue or stitching or binding around the outside. Then I address and add message. And last, I add any beads, buttons or whatever. Also, thanks for the condolences, It happened 5 years ago, on his 6th birthday, but it is still such a bad time of year for all of our family.

nhweaver 02-10-2013 06:19 AM

My design wall is empty - 2 projects are almost done, 3 in design phase.

clsurz 02-10-2013 06:54 AM

I have just finished designing a braided quilt. Now to take it to a copy place to enlarge it for me to be able to have the pieces large enogh to stitch it together. It's actually going to be a braided quilt applique. This will be a long process for sure but I am up to the challange.

lots2do 02-10-2013 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by pollyjvan9 (Post 5851272)
lots2do - thank you for your kind remarks. I started making quilted postcards last year and make at least a few for each holiday. I think the stabelizer in the card is called Timtex. I bought it at Hancocks. It is very stiff. I sew my design onto the Timtex, do all the decorative stitching before adding the white or offwhite backing with glue or stitching or binding around the outside. Then I address and add message. And last, I add any beads, buttons or whatever. Also, thanks for the condolences, It happened 5 years ago, on his 6th birthday, but it is still such a bad time of year for all of our family.

You're welcome and thanks for the info. I'm going to have to try that out.