Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where to buy fabric? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-buy-fabric-t187470.html)

nhweaver 04-30-2012 04:36 AM

I shop at quilt stores, buy some there, but prices are an issue, I buy at Hancock, Joann on sale and online at Connecting Threads and wherever site I find a fabric I need. I also hunt on Ebay for fabric - only buy the manufacturer's and fabric lines that I know - right now I have way too much on hand so I try not to buy (oh my - it is worse than stopping smoking), I frequent thrift stores, but now I buy there only if the fabric calls out to me. Never have found fabric at yard sales.

Originally Posted by nanaloves2quilt (Post 5177321)
I would love to know where everyone buys their fabric? If you buy online, please give the link.

I buy mine from Walmart and the local fabric shop in town. I have also bought from Joanns.

tildiemae 04-30-2012 04:50 AM

I agree with davis2se! The Fabshophop has showed me many great shops as well as our LQS I frequent. It does help to know your fabric lines before you order...haven't been disappointed yet! Usually if you call an online quilt shop with a question their helpfulness is superb!

paulina 04-30-2012 04:51 AM

I go to Hobby Lobby for Kona solids and sometimes they just have the cutest prints, and one LQS that is almost exclusively Moda fabrics. The vast majority of what I buy is online.
www.fatquartershop.com is my favorite.
www.hancocksofpaducah.com - I just ordered for the first time recently. Probably won't again. A full 7 days between ordering and shipping is unacceptable to me.
www.fabricworm.com - They create their own coordinating FQ bundles by mixing and matching different designers and collections. It's a great idea and I have loved their selection and service.
www.connectingthreads.com - Don't love their fabric, but will be ordering thread from them soon.
www.fabricseeds.com has just about the cheapest pre-cut prices around and incredibly fast shipping.

Karol 04-30-2012 04:56 AM

Whittlesfabrics.com has a nice selection and really nice prices!

Rubesgirl 04-30-2012 05:58 AM

I shop at my LQS, JoAnn's or Hancock, occasionally, Walmart (surprisingly ours has a good selection), and Fabric Hut in Norfolk, VA. Online I've purchased from Rushin' Tailor Quilt Alaska (rushintailor.com) they have gorgeous fabrics I haven't seen anywhere else & prices are good, and at Fabric.com.

jcrow 04-30-2012 06:02 AM

I usually have the fabric line I want and put it in the search engine and then go to the online stores that carry it and buy it from the stores that carry the most. I also buy from www.shabbyfabrics.com or www.fatquarters.com. Sometimes I buy from thousands of bolts but not too often. I buy from my LQSs all the time also.

anita211 04-30-2012 06:18 AM

I buy online a lot. I stick with fabric from major manufacturers; i.e., Moda, RJR, etc., and have had excellent luck. I use Missouri Quilt Company, and several others that I don't remember at the moment. Quiltbug.com has good stuff. And Keepsake Quilting.

Anita in Northfield, MN

chefjojo 04-30-2012 06:20 AM

On line I buy at fabric.com, quilthome.com and hawthornethreads.com. From placing the order and delivery all are fast, efficent and haven't had any hassles yet. Quilthome even includes a handwritten thank you that makes it all the more special!

QuiltingrandmafromMi 04-30-2012 06:35 AM

My favorite online stores are Connecting Threads and Fabric.com, Have always had good results from both places! And some really good bargains!

nanzone 04-30-2012 07:24 AM

For on-line shopping I use Thousandofbolts.com and Whittles.com - their fabric is really quality and very reasonable in price. I usually have my order in a week.