Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who has the most UFO'S (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-has-most-ufos-t53856.html)

StitchinJoy 07-11-2010 11:42 AM

I have 14-- 12 of them are UFOs and 2 are WIPs. I differentiate this way. If I worked on it at all this week, it's a WIP. If not, it's a UFO.

By the way, I am counting all those lovely tops as UFOs. They are hanging in the workroom closet, patiently waiting. They need quilting, while I do client quilts ahead of them LOL.

Quilter7x 07-11-2010 11:44 AM

I could also fill up a legal sheet of paper. :oops: I could start naming them, but then I would want to be working on them. In time they will all get done, until then, they will sit in their place all over the sewing room. :lol:

C.Cal Quilt Girl 07-11-2010 11:57 AM

Haha Not giong to even count...................... If ever get thru them all no reason to go on, and someones gettin stuck with the stash, then they can wonder what to do with it !!
Yes that was an evil Haha.... :)

sharon b 07-11-2010 12:22 PM

I have three that just need the quilting , they are sprayed and just waiting :roll:

After that I refuse to count , it gets to complicated :oops: there are those I have the fabric cut for , those I have the fabric for , so are partially put together.. I would get over whelmed if I tried to figure it out :oops:

Marlys 07-11-2010 12:59 PM

This thread was good for me! I just finished one UFO and the next one is in the machine. I just needed to take a short break and check up on you guys! This would not have happened if I hadn't counted so I feel much better about myself!

SuziC 07-11-2010 03:57 PM

I guess we all have UFO's But that brings me to another question.....WHY? Is it a quilters thing, a woman thing, or what? I'd like to think that we are all just too creative for our own good and keep thinking up new ideas. Doesn't that sound like a good excuse??

ProLongarmARTQUILTER 07-11-2010 04:07 PM

I'll say this before the Quilt Board and the Guild ,#1 I didn't know what a UFO was I thought a Unidentified flying object. I now know what they are and have a couple but I think I like WIP's better so that's what they are soooo I don't have any UFO's Or maybe they learned to fly and simply flew away!!! OOOWhooo!!!! ;) ;-)

Dee 07-11-2010 04:55 PM

I have zillions of project in my mind, but now trying to finish one I've been working on and off for 3 years.

Boston1954 07-11-2010 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by SuziC
I guess we all have UFO's But that brings me to another question.....WHY? Is it a quilters thing, a woman thing, or what? I'd like to think that we are all just too creative for our own good and keep thinking up new ideas. Doesn't that sound like a good excuse??

My mother used to blame it on her Zodiac sign. Aries, I think. But I was born under Aquarius..........Hmmmmm

quiltinghere 07-11-2010 05:19 PM

I started to write them done - some time ago - but then I lost the list.

Pretty soon I'm going to hang up a bulletin board and everytime I think of or find a UFO or WIP, I'm going to write it down on a bright index card and put it up on the board. Hope that will help me get things DONE!