Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who has the most UFO'S (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-has-most-ufos-t53856.html)

steelecg 07-12-2010 07:18 AM

Too many to count - I am beginning if I will ever finish one - fortunately, my lqs has mini-retreats and I seem to get things done there.

Marye 07-12-2010 07:29 AM

If we don't finish them who is going to finish, family, friends, strangers, or the trash can? My daughter doesn't sewing--has know clue--businesswoman. husband said "I don't know what to do with all this "junk". We live in a small community, and I don't know of anyone that sews or quilts. What do we do?

Marlys 07-12-2010 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Marye
If we don't finish them who is going to finish, family, friends, strangers, or the trash can? My daughter doesn't sewing--has know clue--businesswoman. husband said "I don't know what to do with all this "junk". We live in a small community, and I don't know of anyone that sews or quilts. What do we do?

Adopt someone on this board!?!

yourstrulyquilts 07-12-2010 08:37 AM

I have about 30, maybe more. I have finished a few this year, but not enuf.

Marye 07-12-2010 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Marlys

Originally Posted by Marye

Adopt someone on this board!?!

That is a good idea, but it loks as if everyone live across the country from me. Whomever, they would have to come here to get everything. Husband is over 75 years old I am younger 61.

wendsy 07-12-2010 08:45 AM

Do you count the material you bought for a quilt but never made the quilt? I had a habit of looking at fabrics, matching up pieces, buying yardage, taking it home, then throwing them into a bin-is that a UFO? If it is I have too many to count!

SherrieDLux 07-12-2010 10:23 AM

These shortcut words you are all using is driving me crazy ok? I'm new here, UFO, is it unfinished projects, a WIP, is it "work in Progress"? and what in the world is a FMQ....help me somebody with all this strange language...smiling here

baglady65 07-12-2010 11:15 AM

Does that mean ones not even started?? LOL

quilt3311 07-12-2010 02:15 PM

UFO's Oh goodness,probably over 100-- but I did make them pay, did a lecture called "Its a Top--Want to Make Something Out of IT!" grin. Showed around 75 tops. but maybe should explain a bit, I would make a top for a class and finish it completely, then do it up in a variety of colors as just tops, they are easier to carry around rather than the finished quilts. Also did the same lecture called "Its an Antique Top--Should I Finish IT?" Had a great run with both lectures.

QuiltNama 07-12-2010 03:30 PM

I have at least 29 waiting for a little love. The slips in the jar is a great idea and will put that to use as soon as I get off the internet LOL.