Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who has the most UFO'S (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-has-most-ufos-t53856.html)

maryb119 07-12-2010 03:36 PM

Do I reeeaaally have to count them?

lilpoohbearie 07-12-2010 05:04 PM

I can honestly say 15. I say this because a friend donated 15 almost completed quilts to me. and well there is probably a few more but this is the truth!

Lori L 07-12-2010 05:27 PM

I just started quilting in February and I already have
a table runner needing binding.
4kits waiting
a quilt on the design wall (or blown off by the fan as of today)waiting to be machine pieced
and 3 projects which have the fabric/pattern all ready and just waiting their turn.

Am I in to deep for a newbie?? Reading all the posts before mine, I see a pattern started here. But I'm obviously in great company!
But.....I have a completed sample quilt and a table runner completed. Start to finish completed!

cjomomma 07-12-2010 06:34 PM

I only have 6 but at the rate I'm going that # will increase. I love to make the tops then I can't wait to start a new one. I am trying to finish what I have. Wish me luck because it's not working sew well.

cjomomma 07-12-2010 06:36 PM

Wait make that 7.

annette1952 07-12-2010 06:41 PM

Oh My!!! Alot!

Vanuatu Jill 07-12-2010 07:37 PM

I have 3 tops completed, waiting for quilting, which is the first time in 8 years that I have been quilting that I haven't completed one before starting another. Actually, I have the fabric for 2 more with the patterns in giant zip lock bacs waiting to be started-but if they aren't started yet, they can't really be considered UFO's ----can they????

PBCHRETIEN 07-12-2010 07:59 PM

belive it or not.... I have no ufo's. Is this abnormal? I just like to finish what I start.

Rusty's Mama 07-12-2010 08:41 PM

I'm with Mlaceruby - probably at least 50 - I know it is way too many to count and I am already thinking of starting something new!!!! Each New Year's I 'think' about making my resolution to finish the projects I've started - sure is easy to break that resolution. And, the sad thing - it doesn't stop with quilting - the knit projects are also WIPs or UFOs or SOMETHING!

doowopddbop 07-12-2010 08:45 PM

Here are some fun thoughts regarding UFOs - can't recall where I came across these, but you might enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every quilter has them: UFOs=UnFinished Objects taking up physical space in the sewing room and mental space that most busy quilters can ill afford to spare. How does this happen?

It starts out as a WHIMM (Work Hidden In My Mind). After a FART (Fabric Acquisition Road Trip) and
some SEX (Stash Enhancing eXperiences) it becomes a PIG (Project In a Grocery sack). The PIG becomes a HSY (pronounced hissy….means Haven’t Started Yet). Once you have a HSY fit and begin work, it becomes a WIP (Work In Progress). The WIP becomes a UFO as soon as some other project grabs and holds your attention more than the WIP you were just working on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of my 68 projects, I have 17 Quilt tops finished, just waiting for the longarm quilter (me) which have been sitting in the same pile by the quilting machine for the last five years. I have 20 PIGs all with the fabric and patterns collected, just waiting for the piecer (me) to have a HSY fit and get started. I have 5 more WHIMMs that I am just dreaming about, and that leaves only 26 UFOs (That's "Un-Fulfilled Opportunities")) all with some piecing/applique' that I'll get back to some day. I guess I had better live forever!