Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Why do you read The Quilting Board? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-do-you-read-quilting-board-t217270.html)

Letty 03-26-2013 02:58 AM

Hi I read the quilting board bacause, let's face it , it more stmulating,interesting,informative and user friendly than any newspaper, it's my sit and enjoy time

sewmerry 03-26-2013 03:07 AM

I come here to find out how much I don't know about quilting. Last night I was trying to piece the Jan. BOM and found out quilting and piecing are 2 completely different arts.... Needles to say I am recutting my Jan. I just found out about BOM a couple weeks ago and am Waaaaaayyyy behind but determined to catch up. I had never attempted to hand piece . It took looking at everyone elses work to figure what I was doing wrong. Now I hopefully can cut the pieces properly and they will fit right. Decided I need basic Q. lessons...... so much for trying. Thanks to all who make this Board work. It can't be easy with dimmies like me. Is there a Quilting for Dummies book?

twinkie 03-26-2013 03:07 AM

I just love the board and come to visit every day. To me it is like going to a quilting guild meeting, a quilting class and a quilt show each day.

sandy l 03-26-2013 03:10 AM

I read the QB each day, 'cause where else can you have a good time learning, laughing, and sometime some tears. It's a daily family reunion without the problems:D

solstice3 03-26-2013 03:13 AM

I come to look at the beautiful quilts which expand my horizons. All are a work of art with some being breathtakingly stunning! I also learn a lot about technique, products, etc. it is just an all around great place to share and learn.

BEST OF ALL..I have met a couple of awesome quilters in my area because of the board.

Grannyh67 03-26-2013 03:23 AM

I come to this site for support and encouragement and am made to feel like I have known everyone of you for years. It makes you feel like you are one of the family. If I have a question all I have to do is ask and there will be someone who will know the answer. I think new and old quilters benifit from this group. I am here everyday and not just once but several times, love it!!! Thank you all for being there for us.

callen 03-26-2013 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 5952139)
I too, love this board and have recommended it to many many friends. I've learned many new things from the suggestions of other board members, love the tutorials, and the inspiration and encouragement of others. I've made lots of friends here from all over the world. I love the links and pictures and suggestions of everyone. The moderators do a fantastic job. Also I have found that quilters are the most loving generous and most trusting people on earth.

I couldn't have said it better, myself. Love this board & the moderators do a fantastic job!!!!

nonda 03-26-2013 03:38 AM

So many reasons! I am more of a lurker than a poster, but for me, the encouragement that abounds on this board is priceless. I am such a beginner~and unfortunately don't know enough to be scared of a pattern :) Anytime I get in over my head, there is ALWAYS someone here to help me out!

Besides that, I don't know how I could drink my morning coffee without you all :) :) :)

Reba'squilts 03-26-2013 03:54 AM

I am not able to make the meetings at our local quilt guild because I am gone for half of every year and when i am home am usually involved with my grandchildren, I discovered this board and found the inspiration I was missing! I love looking at all the pictures. I get my coffee and read the board every morning. I have learned so much. When I have a question I know where to get the answer. This is just a great place to come and visit!

quilterpurpledog 03-26-2013 03:58 AM

I have been a member to a long time but have only recently started to post a few comments. Today, I will go back to comment 15 to see if I can learn to post pictures. I have been unsuccessful thus far. Though I know I shouldn't spend so much time here I visit every day in the wee hours of the day. I have learned from many of you and have discovered that there are frequently better ways of doing things-sometimes, not so much. I have appreciated the many links to sites and "places" I would have never figured out all these sites on my own. I have made a list of them and made comments about their content so I can go for specific information. I also love your humor as you deal with difficulties in your quilting journey. The road is wide and full of travelers-I'm glad to share the road with so many travelers.