Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   why paper piecing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-paper-piecing-t114431.html)

whinnytoo 04-08-2011 11:18 AM

I love the precision, and its also a great way to use up the tiniest of scraps!

Lori S 04-08-2011 12:10 PM

With P/P you can achieve what appears to be the impossible. I have been doing it for quite sometime... but each and every time I am amazed !

Floralfab 04-08-2011 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
Hi everyone,

I know there are quite a few on this board who do paper piecing. Because I was curious I picked up a book at the library by Carol Doak on paper piecing last night.

What I wondered is what is paper piecing and why do it?

Thanks

I started to PP in Jan. when I joined the BOM's here for the houses and stars. Well in the beginning I thought I would pull my hair out trying to figure it out. Those "learning days" got me thru quite a few snowstorms let me tell you. Once the "light" went on in my brain I realized I loved it. It takes me longer to PP a block than if I just did regular piecing but I'm sure I'll get faster at it. Give it a try!!

TonnieLoree 04-08-2011 12:19 PM

I truly enjoy p/p for all of the above reasons. It lets the mind wander and you get some fantastic comments: "How DID you DO that?" Of course, then you get to spend the next half hour explaining the method to someone who's eyes have glazed over in the first 30 seconds.

redkimba 04-08-2011 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
I truly enjoy p/p for all of the above reasons. It lets the mind wander and you get some fantastic comments: "How DID you DO that?" Of course, then you get to spend the next half hour explaining the method to someone who's eyes have glazed over in the first 30 seconds.

When you see their eyes start glazing over, just apologize & say that you used a special magic spell....

:twisted:

carhop 04-08-2011 12:22 PM

It is a lot of fun th pp and you a more acurate point. I just got a pp for sunbonnet sue and overall sam can't wait to do some of them

TonnieLoree 04-08-2011 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by redkimba

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree

When you see their eyes start glazing over, just apologize & say that you used a special magic spell....

:twisted:

I keep forgetting that I am magical. Thanks for the reminder. ;)

darlin121 04-08-2011 12:27 PM

I love paper piecing, the complexity of the designs you can do are so varied. What I don't like is the mess it makes. Oh well, I guess you can't have it all.

BKrenning 04-08-2011 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by darlin121
I love paper piecing, the complexity of the designs you can do are so varied. What I don't like is the mess it makes. Oh well, I guess you can't have it all.

Looking at all the itty bitty fabric bits, batting and threads all over my office floor right now, I don't think paper piecing is any more messy but there's no paper on the floor right now so I could be wrong :mrgreen:

topper1 04-08-2011 04:35 PM

pp is fun and comes out great....