Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WIP's and a SINCERE apology (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wips-sincere-apology-t94282.html)

grmamrtha1 01-28-2011 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I said the same thing when I first started quilting! :lol: I think having WIP, UFO's, PIGS, etc is a prerequisite here!!

PIGS????

LaurieE 01-28-2011 05:57 PM

I always have more than 1 WIP for the simple reason that I get bored with a project easily. This way when I get tired of working on one, I switch to another and so forth.

This year though I decided to finish up those WIPs. So far I have put the borders on 4 tops and assembled a 5th one. I have one more top to put the borders on but I'm waiting until I find just the right border fabric. Now I get to start over and create new WIPs. :mrgreen:

laurac 01-28-2011 05:58 PM

we all start with good intentions...i've got 4 going right now

lclang 01-28-2011 06:04 PM

Keep making those WIPS. When you get enough of them, you will feel like it's Christmas in July when you find one you forgot about!

BluegrassGurl 01-28-2011 06:06 PM

Welcome! One of the many things I love about this site.... there is nothing "wrong" with having many WIPs. Those outside of our world just do not get it. ;-)

mmb195152 01-28-2011 06:10 PM

I also have a few WIPs. I recently pulled one out, can't remember why I stopped working on it. I finished it up, and gave it to a friend before she left for Texas for further cancer treatment. She thought I had just whipped up the quilt, when, I had a large part of it already finished. I was able to give her something to remind her of all the hugs I give her mentally during her courageous battle. Someone upstairs was telling me to get it out, and that it was needed. Enough said.

newbiequilter 01-28-2011 06:15 PM

I have vowed to get thru my UFO's this year. However, community service and block of the month seems to be getting in the way. Oh a brighter note tho. our guild is going to have UFO retreats - the first one is next week-end so I need to get my bootie in gear and cut some sashings to finish the blocks I did in 2009!!!!! LOL.... :-)

MadQuilter 01-28-2011 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
When I first started on this board back in December I thought what the heck is a WIP - and then someone explained it to me....then I thought "how on earth can you have more than one project at a time going on" - just finish the one you were working on before moving to the next.

Oh yes, those best-laid plans. Lol Sending greetings from WIP and UFO land

sandpat 01-28-2011 06:25 PM

I get too bored to just have 1 thing going at a time! I do tend to get excited when I near the end of one and generally can stick with it until it is finally done. But...that doesn't mean that I don't have 5 other things going too :wink:

sandpat 01-28-2011 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by grmamrtha1

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I said the same thing when I first started quilting! :lol: I think having WIP, UFO's, PIGS, etc is a prerequisite here!!

PIGS????

Projects in a grocery sack