Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WIP's and a SINCERE apology (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wips-sincere-apology-t94282.html)

Rebecca VLQ 01-27-2011 06:00 AM

:lol:

You are *so* forgiven.

If it helps any, I've got about 4 things started right now and I'm wanting to switch horses mid-stream...and I'm not out of anything!!!

Welcome to the WIP sisterhood...what took you so long? :D

Carrie Jo 01-27-2011 06:21 AM

Now you are one of us....welcome.

k3n 01-27-2011 06:26 AM

Yes! WIPs are the way to go - otherwise you'd be one of those strange and self-controlled creatures - a SERIAL QUILTER!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

feline fanatic 01-27-2011 06:29 AM

Welcome to the "dark" side :lol:

I actually like to have several projects going at once. I love having things in different stages so if I feel like handquilting I have a quilt in my hoop, if I feel like peicing I have my unfinished top to work on, I plan on starting some sort of hand piecing or hand applique project so I have a travel project and now I add LAing projects to the mix. I find it is much harder to get bored with any one project that way. The ones that are nagging at me are the UFO's that I started piecing and then just kind of abandoned. One of them I have a good excuse, it is a scrappy log cabin and I ran out of logs, but I have since added to the stash of scrap logs and really need to pull that one out and work on it. Then I have a quilt I call "Norwegian Forest Cats" that has been a poor UFO in the drawer for several years. It is a bunch of different sized pine tree blocks and a bunch of cat blocks that are all the same size. I am going to have to get real creative with sashing and filler blocks to get that one to work. No pattern of course. I am still mulling over how to arrange them and put them all together as well as trying decide do I want this to be a wall hanging or beef it up to lap quilt size. That particular project has been nagging at the back of my mind for a while now. Unfortunately the fabrics I have picked out for other projects are calling to me so my poor Wegie quilt will languish away.

sueisallaboutquilts 01-27-2011 06:34 AM

Yay!! Now you are truly one of us and no need to apologize lol
Sometimes ignorance is bliss but I'd rather be a quiltaholic :D:D

tomilu 01-27-2011 06:40 AM

So do we who have several or more WIPs have a touch of ADD? lol

Aunt Patti 01-27-2011 06:42 AM

that is a sign of a true quilter LOL WIPs rule

SittingPretty 01-27-2011 06:49 AM

Pamkasperi, I think I'm a lot like you were. I usually finish what I started, but I think I can see that some day that will probably change. I do get excited about wanting to make a new pattern or use a new fabric. So far, I've made myself finish what I'm working on, but the wait gets harder. Plus, I start to hate the current project, because it's not done, and I want to move on. Then I hurry it up, and I know I could have done better if I had only slowed down and taken my time.

erma bauer 01-28-2011 02:44 AM

does anyone know how to find out if disabled vets accept quilts in their therapy or how to contact. i would be interested in donating some in the kansas city area. erma bauer

GailG 01-28-2011 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Hello and welcome. When I started quilting I would finish each project too. Now there are WIP and UFOs everywhere. Sigh.

Yes!! And my DH and friends can't understand that!!! But I know many people here who do........