Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WIP's and a SINCERE apology (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wips-sincere-apology-t94282.html)

KathyKat 01-28-2011 06:58 AM

So far I'm a serial quilter. However I want to start a Grandmother's Flower garden quilt so that I have some hand sewing to take with me when traveling or when sitting around visiting with family and friends. So will that then count as a WIP so I can leave the dreaded wierdo designation? lol!

lillybeck 01-28-2011 07:00 AM

This is funny. Welcome to the real world of quilting.

Minnisewta 01-28-2011 07:04 AM

LOL, I counted mine yesterday. I have at least 9 projects going right now. I'm good at starting but not so good at finishing.

meistarri 01-28-2011 07:18 AM

I saw some needles on TV tonight that threaded without having to find the hole. I wish they'd make for the sewing machine.[/quote]

I believe I have seen self-threading needles for the machine. Can't tell you where, sorry. I love the self-threaders for burying threads from machine quilting. No need for long thread tails....

gnewk 01-28-2011 07:21 AM

ditto, I hear ya!!!☺

skitter 01-28-2011 07:27 AM

Thank you so much this is very helpful.

JJC 01-28-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by oma66
I think one of the reasons for WIP is the excitement of discovering another quilt pattern you saw and want to make or a quilt design we dreamed up or a piece of fabric that just has to be made up NOW, or the gift you have to create in just a week or so...the reasons are many. I have 7 quilt tops done, but not layered for quilting yet because they are not designated for anyone yet. I am working on a civil war quilt and a baby quilt at the same time...just praying I get them both done in time. I fight going on to another project before finishing the one I am working on, but I lose the battle at times. Oh, how we love our art form, don't we?

Oh so true. I love your smile.

Diane C. 01-28-2011 07:37 AM

That makes you a true quilt addict ! Welcome to the club. Diane C.

GailG 01-28-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by happy sewer
You know what Dr. Phil says. Not finishing something could mean that you are avoiding judgement of what is completed. My Mother always had something negative to say about everything , and I think my Not completing something has something to do with that judgement. What do you think?

If that's what you want to believe, then just go on and bellieve it. :lol:

tinliz 01-28-2011 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I'm starting to join the crowd of WIPers, too. With me it's time constraints. I put aside the ones with no deadline to keep the others with deadlines on track.

I saw some needles on TV tonight that threaded without having to find the hole. I wish they'd make for the sewing machine.

Schmetz makes a machine needle that is quick threading. I purchased a pack at Joann's on sale of course:-) . Just tried threading one and it is a breeze:-P . Haven't given it a test drive yet.
I too have a sizable collection of WIP's, UFO's, and PIGS.
This is the year to I have dedicated to getting as many of them finished as possible. Oh, that doesn't even count my stash and the quilts in my head:oops: . I am destined to becoming a sew and sew. :lol: