Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wish I could see the contents :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wish-i-could-see-contents-t64759.html)

Lockeb 09-15-2010 04:42 PM

Some of us guys also drool over the quilt magazines :-) ROFL.....

SharonC 09-15-2010 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Okay -- I confess, it irritates me so much, I've been known to open the plastic and look........ :oops: ;-) I don't tear it up....I do it so I can put it back. If they want to sell to me, I'm looking.... Haven't been thrown out of a store yet!

I love the way you think....I'll be doing this in the future. I'm so tired of getting magazines home and being disappointed with the contents :)

Kitsie 09-15-2010 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Okay -- I confess, it irritates me so much, I've been known to open the plastic and look........ :oops: ;-) I don't tear it up....I do it so I can put it back. If they want to sell to me, I'm looking.... Haven't been thrown out of a store yet!

I confess that I do that, too. Just as a service to other customer you understand!

Irishlady 09-16-2010 01:39 AM

When I first started quilting a few years ago I bought nearly all the quilting magazines on a monthly basis, not anymore. I now find them a bit boring, most of the quilts they feature seem to be more or less the same and the last half of the magazines are filled with the same adverts month after month.
I find that by coming on here I can learn so much more from you ladies and get more inspired by looking at other peoples quilts then I ever could from magazines.
About the plastic cover issue, why can't they have one copy of the magazine unwrapped but with a sticker on the front page stating DISPLAY COPY ONLY, then at least you could see the contents before buying?

libertykm 09-16-2010 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
Who do they think they are --- Playboy??? ;-)

Haha. I second that statement...

diannemc 09-16-2010 03:28 AM

Well I have never opened one before but think I will! LOL Why not...(Unless it has a cd with it and could get lost..Then I wouldn't...)But otherwise you have the right to see what you are buying!

Mimito2 09-16-2010 03:31 AM

I pick up the mag and look at the cover then look at the price and quickly stick it back on the shelf. I go home, sign on here, hit search, find what I was looking for and it's free.

Yarn or Fabric 09-16-2010 03:31 AM

I sent them a contact us email....

purplefiend 09-16-2010 03:38 AM

I agree putting magazines in a plastic bag is a pain. I want
to see what I'm getting.
I subscribe to Fons & Porter, the last issue had a catalog for "Woman Within" in the middle. What's up with that?? What
does that have to do with quilting?
After my subscription expires I won't renew.

sewjoyce 09-16-2010 05:29 AM

That works for me too -- coming here and asking how to do something instead of buying the magazine:lol: :lol: