Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Worst Quilt Contest Entries. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/worst-quilt-contest-entries-t20435.html)

thismomquilts 05-22-2009 07:31 AM

there is hope!! :)

RedGarnet222 05-22-2009 08:01 AM

OMG!! This reminds me of the try outs for american idol. Bless thier hearts they tried. I agree it makes me feel better about my trials and errors of quilting. ps. Good link!

pittsburgpam 05-22-2009 08:42 AM

oh god, oh god, my stomach hurts from laughing.

Not only are the quilts funny but the explanations.

mytwopals 05-22-2009 08:45 AM

Looks like most of the problems began from the star. Then they washed the quilts and made things even worse. I knew there was a valid reason not to wash any of my quilts.... :D Otherwise, I might win one of those contests.

Bill'sBonBon 05-22-2009 09:22 AM

:shock: :shock: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG ROFLMAO I can not imagaine letting anyone,and I mean anyone,including family and my closest Friend,my mom :lol: :lol: NOOOOOOOOO!! seeing something like any of those. I would not have gotten that far,they needed to stop,back up and learn. :shock: I Cant key for laughing. Sorry,gotta go pee. :oops: :oops: :shock:
BillsBonBon

pittsburgpam 05-22-2009 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
Looks like most of the problems began from the star. Then they washed the quilts and made things even worse. I knew there was a valid reason not to wash any of my quilts.... :D Otherwise, I might win one of those contests.

I'm afraid to wash mine too. I have visions of the seams all coming apart because the fabric edges frayed real bad.

Piedmont Quilter 05-22-2009 09:25 AM

And I thought mine were not show quality :shock: :shock: What were these people thinking :?: :?: At least they "changed the names to protect the innocent".

Piedmont Quilter

Jim's Gem 05-22-2009 10:08 AM

Thanks for the great laugh. These are too funny!!!! Rubber backed curtain fabric? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for starting my day out with a laugh!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kwhite 05-22-2009 10:16 AM

I am so glad yall liked them. I couldn't sleep last night and stumbled across that and had to share. I can't imagine how some of them got the way they are. They are so amazingly awful!!!!

OK confession time!!!! I actually own one of the 1972 polyester quilts they speak of. My Aunt in NC asked me what I wanted for my wedding and I told her a quilt. I should have been much more specific. I got a "Around the World in plastic" Multi colored hand pieced quilt top. I have never had the level of boredom required to finish it. But bless her soul My dear dear Aunt tried.

MadQuilter 05-22-2009 10:37 AM

I don't understand?????? With all the projects that are unfinished and with the little time I have, why would I continue working on a wonky quilt, let alone "finish" it and then send it somewhere to be ugly-judged?

They are good for a laugh though.