Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Worst Quilt Contest Entries. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/worst-quilt-contest-entries-t20435.html)

mytwopals 05-22-2009 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Thanks for the great laugh. These are too funny!!!! Rubber backed curtain fabric? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for starting my day out with a laugh!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The rubber backed fabric must have been used around the mid-section of the quilt to guard against bed wetters... :lol:

MadQuilter 05-22-2009 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
The rubber backed fabric must have been used around the mid-section of the quilt to guard against bed wetters... :lol:

A whole new meaning for a utilitarian quilt. ROFL

mochasue 05-22-2009 10:51 AM

My moms first quilt could have been entered into this.
1. None of her seams lined up.
2. She didn't put borders on.
3. She didn't use any batting.
4. There were puckers throughout the entire quilt because she used old clothes for fabric (denim, cotton, silk) you name it, she used it. Even an old curtain.

I think she gave it to my sister for a gift. I wish I had it now, but my sister threw it away or used it for a dog blanket for awhile and then threw it away.

MadQuilter 05-22-2009 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by mochasue
or used it for a dog blanket for awhile and then threw it away.

Sad when the dog doesn't even want it - lol

littlehud 05-22-2009 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Angie
Sort of like the "American Idol" tryouts of quilts!

So funny, and so true. I feel pretty good about my quilts.

genghis khan 05-22-2009 11:34 AM

I think it would be fun to try and make a bad one on purpose just to see how bad i could make it or what silly things i could do to it just go mad and have fun! lol

kwhite 05-22-2009 04:42 PM

Go for it GK. I can't wait to see it.

b.zang 05-22-2009 05:31 PM

Okay, I read through these posts before looking at the quilts and found myself thinking "it sounds kind of mean to be laughing at other's work". BUT, now that I've looked - and laughed - I get it. I hate to think of someone spending so much time on some of those quilts. I saw lots of hand quilting, too, which I won't comment on because I haven't tried it yet :-)

Sadly, there was a quilt at the local quilt show that could have been in this collection. I looked at it and thought "what on earth was the quilter thinking!!?" It was a bargello in beautiful fall colours. The quilt had been sandwiched with a thick polyester batting (I know this, because all the binding wasn't on yet) and the quilting was stitch-in-the-ditch. All those little squares puffed up like marshmallows and the entire quilt turned into a huge warped .....hmm, can't find the right word .... thing! So warped it will never lay flat on a bed. I say all this was sadly, because it had potential to be spectacular. A queen-size bargello gone fat :x I was so embarassed for the quilter I didn't take a picture of it, although now I wish I had!

bluebird 05-22-2009 07:54 PM

Me thinks that I have a few to enter.... :lol:

Harmony 05-22-2009 08:58 PM

Wow. Makes me feel a little better about my own failures!