Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would you believe I did it again!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-you-believe-i-did-again-t61126.html)

madamekelly 08-25-2010 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by newestnana
Wait wait wait...does this mean I've been (painfully) PLUCKING my eyebrows all these years when there was an easier, more comfortable method?

If you think plucking is good, you should try waxing. All the pain of plucking AND burns from hot wax. Mwahahaha!

newestnana 08-25-2010 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly

Originally Posted by newestnana
Wait wait wait...does this mean I've been (painfully) PLUCKING my eyebrows all these years when there was an easier, more comfortable method?

If you think plucking is good, you should try waxing. All the pain of plucking AND burns from hot wax. Mwahahaha!

Actually I started cold waxing at home after getting the burns at a salon. It's not too bad, but the shaver sounds good.

Leota 08-25-2010 03:16 PM

ok, we've gone from stitch removal to hair removal in 5 pages ... ha ha ... love this group

Sew Krazy Girl 08-25-2010 03:33 PM

Reverse sewing (ripping out) can be done using your rotary cutter. It's tricky, but goes very fast. Pick out the first few stitches then hold the rotary cutter like you would a pencil. Be careful you only touch the stitches and not the fabric. Like I said - it takes practice but goes quickly. Good luck.

nwm50 08-25-2010 04:03 PM

Some of you must must be into PAIN........?
Yikes, cold or hot wax on your eyebrows??

Pat G 08-25-2010 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S
I wonder does anybody use a fine, very pointed pair of scissors to rip seams? I just cut the line of stitching every 1/4 inch or so and it just pulls apart. I find I don't accidently cut the fabric using the scissors. Sorry Ditter about your having to undo. All of us have been there. I'm a better ripper than a piecer or a quilter. More practice.

Yes, I use the sm. embroidery scissors. I keep them mounted on a stick-on hook on the end of my sew. mach. I like them better than seam rippers. I use them for many things & they're my favorites.

fuail 08-25-2010 05:56 PM

I tell my sewing students on the first day that the seam ripper is their Best Friend! I think I'll name him Jack now, too!

Eyebrow razors? YIKES! I usually just ignore mine, and they're pretty substantial - just don't like the pain....but maybe I'll pick some up to use for my (frequent) un-sewing

How come I could give birth 7 times with no meds, but can't stand having my eyebrows done? Even "threading" which my dd told me didn't hurt as much, really DID!

champagnebubbles 08-25-2010 06:24 PM

awwwww sorry about that...Been there done that :cry:

elizabeth 08-25-2010 06:35 PM

I bought glasses with frames that covered my eyebrows and that took care of the brow.

Elizabeth

barbb baumgardner 08-25-2010 06:38 PM

I am well acquainted with the ripper. Only thing is, I use a razor blade inserted into one of those paint scraper things. That protects my hands and makes it easy to rip away. Sorry you have so much to rip!