Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which would you choose??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-you-choose-t85549.html)

mlfendley 12-27-2010 02:53 PM

Buy the most machine you can afford. Maybe a little more than you think you can afford. You will never regret having that extra capability.

fleurdelisquilts.com 12-27-2010 02:55 PM

Really, we all have opinions but the only one that counts is yours! You'll have to make this decision on your own. So, my only suggestion is to write down the things your machine MUST do. Then look at each machine and determine which one is best for YOUR NEEDS. Good luck. (I would be happy with any one.)

Darlene's 12-27-2010 03:37 PM

Doen't the Horizon have the accufeed ?? It says it has Superior Plus Feed system . Is that not the same ??

CompulsiveQuilter 12-27-2010 07:53 PM

What is AccuFeed? I'm a Viking girl.

Maia B 12-27-2010 07:55 PM

How about Horizon and separate embroidery machine? Or is that too much? That 11" harp makes me drooooooooool.

gale 12-27-2010 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
What is AccuFeed? I'm a Viking girl.

It's a built in even feed (walking foot). If I had the $$ I would get the 7700 but if I was interested in embroidery, I would get the 6600 and a less expensive embroidery machine.

milkbone 12-27-2010 08:19 PM

I am just a novice, but I have had my 6600 for 3 years now and I absolutely LOVE it. I amazes me what it can do and how comfortable it is----the larger throat and the acufeed is a must in my book. You have to realize that whatever machine you do get, it is like a computer when you bring it home---it will be outdated before you know it. Happy decision making :)

lab fairy 12-27-2010 08:36 PM

Is Janome the only brand you have considered? You might want to broaden your scope and look at others. Things I feel are a must have some people don't consider important. I'd do a lot of test driving, make a spreadsheet of features, compare things YOU think are important.

My must have list is simple: built in walking foot (all the Pfaff machines I've ever owned had them), 9 mm stitch width, needle up/down, etc. I think throat width is important as well. Get the biggest you can afford because you will find that trying to quilt something big on a small throated machine is a stinker. Probably one of my biggest must haves is dealer support i.e. Warranty service on site, new owner classes, etc. Come to think of it, I guess I'm picky about my machines.

jdiane318 12-27-2010 08:57 PM

Because I have both a Janome 6600P and a Janome 350E, I think you will prefer having two differnt machines. I had a brother 270 combo and knew after one week that I wanted a machine that would do more and that I didn't like the combo. I'm sure that some of us don't always finish what we are doing. Changing a machine back and forth takes time and it can become frustrating. If you lived closer, I would be more than happy to sell you my 6600P with table as I am wanting a long arm. Good luck with your decision.

Darlene's 12-27-2010 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Maia B
How about Horizon and separate embroidery machine? Or is that too much? That 11" harp makes me drooooooooool.

I have really been thinking like you on this lol
BUT
It seems alot of the reviews I've read people are having more trouble with the Horizon than they did the 6600P and they are saying the 6600P is sooo much easier to operate and has better stitch quality. so idk what to do lol
maybe they are older reviews and they hadnt got use to it yet .
I talk to a dealer close by today and she likes the 6600P better than Horizon to and she said 6600 was def easier to operate.