Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which would you choose??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-you-choose-t85549.html)

JanetWall 12-29-2010 03:24 PM

I was told that brother and baby lock are two different co. ?

gale 12-29-2010 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by BarbZ

Originally Posted by watterstide
I have the 6600 and i love her.
BUT if you sew garments, it doesn't have the "free arm". i don't believe the 11000 does either.

this was not an issue for me. and i also own the janome platinum, and it does, if i were to ever use it. it is my travel and class machine..12 pounds.

you can go to the Janome website and do a side by side comparison.

all 3 are Heavy,around 25 pounds.
i would love to have more than a 9 inch throat....but i won't trade the 6600 for any machine.

Glad to hear what you said about the 6600 as I just bought one today. Got it all together but haven't started it up yet. Can't wait to. I have a Janome 3500 and like that and am keeping it for classes and the freearm feaure. If my 6600 performs as good as the 3500 I will be happy happy. I can do some letters on it right?

I have the 3500 and LOVE LOVE LOVE mine. I've had it almost 12 yrs. DH wanted me to trade it but I explained that I wouldn't get what it was worth and I'd rather keep it for one of my girls or as a backup. I'm glad I did-when I needed to hem some jeans it was nice to just pull it out and not have to change the needle/thread/bobbin on my 6600. I've been happy with the transition. I was so comfortable with the 3500 that I do like it better just for that reason but the extra features and throat size on the 6600 make me very happy I have it too.

gale 12-29-2010 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by BarbZ
what is the difference between the Janome 6600 and the 6600P? I just got th 6600 today.

They are the same. I think the model is actually the 6600P but on the box it just says 6600 professional. The P is short for professional.

galvestonangel 12-29-2010 08:16 PM

I bought the Horizon and love it. I had wanted the 11000 but when the Horizon came out with the longer arm space, I chose it. I decided I would machine quilt more that I would embroidery. The Horizon has a lot of decorative stitches and a small alphabet and I decided that is enough for me. Also a factor was the difference in cost and I decided that the times when I need the specialty embroidery done will cost me less than the difference in price.

BarbZ 12-30-2010 08:20 AM

Thanks for the input. I did look on my box and machine and it satys 6600p. Gonna get it fired up today i hope. My friend got a Horizon and it is nice especially the deep throat but for the price the 6600 will do for my wallo all that I want right now. got to leave room for upgrading. LOLLOLLOL. But between the 3500 which i am going to keep for backup and my daughter eventually and the new one I think I will hve all I need to keep me sewing. Thanks again for all the input. LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!

BarbZ 12-30-2010 08:22 AM

I meant my Wallot. Still don't know if I spelled it right. :roll:

jacqstash 01-13-2011 09:34 PM

agree with prism99 - separate machine for embroidery so sewing machine still useable while embroidering - horizon - it has a lot more features than just the bigger arm space - traded my 6600 for the horizon and love it