Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wow call me crazy I changed my mind!!! ( longarm) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wow-call-me-crazy-i-changed-my-mind-longarm-t191036.html)

ejpkam 06-06-2012 08:41 PM

Wow call me crazy I changed my mind!!! ( longarm)

So I had it all set up to purchase a tin Lizzie 18 on steel grace frame then chickened out. It wasn't the price that was a great deal4,999 new it was the unknown lol. I kept getting such mixed reviews on the tin Lizzie & that made me nervous & the fact it was being shipped to my house & we had to set it up yikes"". So to make a long story short I'm gonna go with th handiquilter sweet 16 and I feel really good about it!!

stitchquick 06-06-2012 09:12 PM

And you know it girl ! becaues made such you get set up and train will help

DebraK 06-06-2012 10:46 PM

yay for you! Always go with your gut ;-)

ka9sdn 06-07-2012 04:12 AM

You need to be happy with what you buy so no matter what you get that is the right decision. I think you will like the Sweet Sixteen. I had the HQ16 stand up and loved it so much I upgraded to the HQ18 Avante. There call in help line is great too.

ejpkam 06-07-2012 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by ka9sdn (Post 5270993)
You need to be happy with what you buy so no matter what you get that is the right decision. I think you will like the Sweet Sixteen. I had the HQ16 stand up and loved it so much I upgraded to the HQ18 Avante. There call in help line is great too.

Yeah I figure Down the road I can upgrade to a true longarm but this will meet my needs now plus we plan on moving again and I don't want to move with a longarm lol.

ksdot417 06-07-2012 06:40 AM

I have an Avante and absolutely love it. Handiquilter is great to work with.

fishhavengirl 06-07-2012 07:56 AM

I have the HQ16 and love it! Handiquilter is always helpful. Make sure you join their yahoo group...always info being shared there.

cmw0829 06-07-2012 08:04 AM

i think you made a good decision. I know people love their Tin Lizzie's but I've read so many mixed reviews. Always trust your instincts. I hope you really enjoy your HQ.

ejpkam 06-07-2012 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by cmw0829 (Post 5271515)
i think you made a good decision. I know people love their Tin Lizzie's but I've read so many mixed reviews. Always trust your instincts. I hope you really enjoy your HQ.

Exactly!! Ive had way too many mixed reviews and with no dealer close by I decided NO way!

aborning 06-07-2012 05:29 PM

I had a Tin Lizzie and truthfully, I had trouble with it 3 times during the 10 months I had it. 3 times it was down a week while I waited for parts to come to get it up and running. I felt like I got a lemon because so many people have them on this Board and love them. I also quilted about 70 quilts in that 10 months time. But I felt like I should not have had to have parts replaced (a stitch regulator encoder, a stitch regulator circuit board, and 2 stitch regulator cables) with only quilting 70 quilts. Since I do quilt for customers and will continue to, I sold the Tin Lizzie and bought a APQS Freedom. I have quilted about 40 quilts on it since I got it in November and I have not had any troubles with it thus far. If I ever down grade--I ill be buying a HQ Swwet Sixteen sit down. That is what I was going to buy originally --just for my own use--but my husband knows me well enough to know that I wouldn't be satisfied until I actaully had a long arm. And he was right. Good luck with your Sweet Sixteen. I'm sure you will love it.