Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Yin Yang Quilting Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/yin-yang-quilting-block-t226092.html)

quiltingsupport 08-02-2013 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't resist putting this block with the rest. :)

She just loves celtic designs and when I saw an image similar to this, I had to make it for this quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]427806[/ATTACH]

mom-6 08-02-2013 11:36 AM

Wow! Your quilt is going to he spectacular !

quiltingsupport 08-02-2013 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6 (Post 6211063)
Wow! Your quilt is going to he spectacular !

Thank you! I can't wait until it's completed. Then I get to watch her face as I give it to her!

quiltingsupport 08-03-2013 08:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428038[/ATTACH]

I'm not sure if this block should go with this quilt.

What to you all think? Does it fit?

quiltingsupport 08-12-2013 08:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429883[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]429884[/ATTACH]

Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

Does this fit with the theme?

My daughter's really developing that preteen attitude lately. LOL I think that's why these bees fit her, but I'm not sure if they fit to the theme of this quilt.

What do you think? Should I keep it with the hippy quilt or should it be added to a new one?

cherisews 08-13-2013 05:00 AM

So far you've made Yin-Yang, Butterfly, Celtic Knot, Peace Sign (circle), Peace Sign (hand), Tree of Life, Dragonfly, and Bees. And I love all of them!! Very pretty and well made! I can't wait to see what you come up with next. :)

As to your question on the theme, I think the butterfly, dragonfly and bees will work. They can represent a love of nature, flying free, peace, and serenity. All of these are part of the Hippie movement.

quiltingsupport 08-13-2013 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for your feed back!

I was looking at all of the blocks that I've completed for this project and realized that I have one too many in a background of black. I'm also shy of one with a white background. So I decided that instead of doing one over, I'm going to replace the dragonfly with this ladybug that I did yesterday.

Think it will work?

In a couple of days I'm going to sew them together to complete the quilt top. ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]430044[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by cherisews (Post 6231738)
So far you've made Yin-Yang, Butterfly, Celtic Knot, Peace Sign (circle), Peace Sign (hand), Tree of Life, Dragonfly, and Bees. And I love all of them!! Very pretty and well made! I can't wait to see what you come up with next. :)

As to your question on the theme, I think the butterfly, dragonfly and bees will work. They can represent a love of nature, flying free, peace, and serenity. All of these are part of the Hippie movement.

knlsmith 08-13-2013 10:06 AM

I really like it. :)

cherisews 08-14-2013 03:47 AM

You said, "So I decided that instead of doing one over, I'm going to replace the dragonfly with this ladybug that I did yesterday."

But...but...I love the dragonfly!!
:p

kakels 08-14-2013 06:01 AM

I got a free flip flop pattern somewhere. If you'd like a copy of it PM me.