Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are you going to the stores tonight/tomorrow for sales? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-going-stores-tonight-tomorrow-sales-t206655.html)

grann of 6 11-23-2012 04:10 AM

No Black Friday shopping for me....never have but maybe once or twice way back when kids were little. I was just looking at the Black Friday Fabric Specials on-line and don't even have the patience to look through 7 pages of deals on fabric.com. I'm still working on my huge stash, and don't know exactly what I really need, so I may just buy nothing. This has been an expensive year for me too, dog requiring knee surgery on 2nd knee, then rehab for that for 3 months, dental work for me, had to have part of my yard fenced in because of unruly neighbor dogs, and on and on it goes.

teddysmom 11-23-2012 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by sandy l (Post 5673050)
No Black Friday for me. I'm not ready to join the circus, even if some of the stores in our area are opening on Thanksgiving day:thumbdown:

I'm with you sandy l!!!! I'll probably go to my LQS one day next week but NO BLACK FRIDAY for me.

winia 11-23-2012 04:15 AM

Easy question to answer. A resounding no.

rush88888 11-23-2012 04:46 AM

we are just staying in the house for the next few days. we don't even want to be on the roads with the crazies driving from one store to another. we have plenty of food and toilet paper. and fabric, of course. so, we're good!

DebbieJJ 11-23-2012 04:57 AM

The only times I braved the crowds was when my mom asked me to shop for a specific toy or gift for her small GGD. Now I may go to Hancock's about 10 miles away sometime this morning, but that's all. :shock:

ro 11-23-2012 05:09 AM

i wouldnt go to the stores if they paid me. i believe a holiday is a holiday and no one should work. so to go to the stores at midnight or 2:00 a.m. is craziness. there is nothing in the world i need to badly that i have to stand on line for hours to get. cant tell me whatever you're looking for you cant find after thanksgiving. not saying you won't pay more, but my time has to be worth something. so the answer is no. no black friday, cyber this, small business that.

coopah 11-23-2012 05:24 AM

No, no and no. We might go up the road a few miles to get a bag of oranges (BOGO). Maybe stop somewhere for lunch. That's it.

Dodie 11-23-2012 05:26 AM

I agree with most I will not leave my house today is an excellent sewing day and whatever did happen to Christmas
I to dislike the big mega stores I try to shop local as much as possible as they are the ones I want to see stay around

quilter2090 11-23-2012 05:56 AM

Nope, I do not get into the whole Black Friday insanity! I did buy a few items on Amazon's Black Friday deals, but, other than that, I will stay faaar away from the stores this weekend.

mjhaess 11-23-2012 06:15 AM

No way...........I can't stand the crowds....I have my Christmas shopping done.....