Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are you having this problem since the site maintenance (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-having-problem-since-site-maintenance-t112898.html)

mhansen6 04-03-2011 07:50 AM

I have been having numerous problems. I tried for an hour last night to post a picture and couldn't do it. Worked this morning though.

EagarBeez 04-03-2011 07:52 AM

I tried to get on this am, I used the link that comes in my email. It would not open, I tried coming in through the internet and that did not work either, it lagged and lagged until I got a message with internet diagnosis. An hour later I could finally get here, something is not right yet and it is not us. I cleaned my cache, and still not right

karen65ae 04-03-2011 07:54 AM

Every night(USA morning) I get this message, the problem can last for a few hours....

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

EagarBeez 04-03-2011 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by bobbie1
Ok..my reply was deleted so will try again with a question. What is a cache? Where is it? Sorry in advance for possible silly question.

cache is where temporary info is stored. If your using IE (internet explorer) go to tools, all the way down to internet options, then where you see browsing history and click on delete, when that opens, you can delete temporary internet files, cookies, and history. You should do this on occasion, it will help your internet run a little bit faster I think

Scakes 04-03-2011 08:02 AM

I've been having problems too. Sometimes I can move around the site ok. Sometimes not and have to close it and go back. Today I tried to post and the screen went white and I couldn't get back for over an hour. Hope it gets better. :-D

Greendragon6889 04-03-2011 08:26 AM

I couldn't get logged in this AM. Took a 2Hr break and finally got on..

clynns 04-03-2011 08:32 AM

Mine's dragging so bad that I've tried to close out and refresh, clear my cache, now going to try defragging. I liked it better before the update :-(

clynns 04-03-2011 08:33 AM

I know we take alot of bandwidth but the server should get it together. The update isn't what it should be. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

linhawk 04-03-2011 08:41 AM

I am having no problem.
I did put the new address in my address book.
Maybe that helped.
I use Safari.

Sewslow 04-03-2011 08:41 AM

I use Foxfire, not IE. I open the newsletter, then right click on a subject in list, choose "Open Link in New Tab," continue opening subjects this way in new tabs for about 4 or 5 subjects. Then I read a subject, close that tab, read next, etc. After I've read/closed all those tabs, I open some more, working my way down the list. Works for me and allows me to get back to my sewing machine faster. I've had no problem since maintenance, knock wood.