Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You know you're a quilting addict when... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-know-youre-quilting-addict-when-t122603.html)

Lavada 05-13-2011 06:08 AM

when you want to snip swatchesfrom ladies drees walking dorn the asile in the mall

Quiltbeagle 05-13-2011 06:22 AM

When I lived up north I cut up my daughter's ski jacket for one small diamond of fabric when I ran out of a certain shade of pink when 99% of the quilt top was pieced. Winter was over and it would have been too small for her next year anyway... and so what that it was a London Fog? The color was a PERFECT match! LOL.

Jennie 05-13-2011 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Anne Marie
You go the the Louvre in Paris and the only pictures you take are of the tile floor!!!

OK, so I did the same thing, in multiple places, in northern Italy.
Jennie

soccertxi 05-13-2011 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyB
When your husband has to cook because you're too busy quilting.

I went to a trunk show by Sharon Schamber. She has won many awards for her quilts. They are just over the top gorgeous. She calls herself a 'sewing savant' and when she is really into working on a quilt, her husband has to feed her or she does not eat! THAT is concentration! She said she gets more food if he likes the quilt more!!!

QuiltMom2 05-13-2011 06:56 AM

When you are doing the trip of a lifetime, get off plane in Israel, and are stopped dead in your tracks by mosaic floor that has been excavated/displayed that would make a great applique and pieced project. (still on the "to-do list")!!

oma66 05-13-2011 07:03 AM

[quote=mimom]or when sitting on the toilet staring at the tile on the floor and designing a new quilt block.[/quote

That is me...lol. I did a quilt based on the tile pattern in a restaurant bathroon. I keep a pad and pen in my purse and made a quick sketch standing at the sink and now it is a pattern I will do again and again. So...I guess I am a quilt addict too..

Brenda 05-13-2011 07:04 AM

You are a quilt-a-holic when......You are takeing out
the trash at the end of school and you discover your
teacher has thrown away yards of new fabric. One piece
became a valance for our church restroom. It was reallllly
nice stuff. Brenda from Wadesville In

LindaaJR 05-13-2011 07:37 AM

Time to buy one of those hand held scanners on the market. They will scan any flat surface. HAS. com and QVC.com sell them, so am sur ethey are in stores. I have one but have only scanned papers so far. Take care.
Linda

SewExtremeSeams 05-13-2011 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by LindaaJR
Time to buy one of those hand held scanners on the market. They will scan any flat surface. HAS. com and QVC.com sell them, so am sur ethey are in stores. I have one but have only scanned papers so far. Take care.
Linda

Oh, that is too much. I 'need' to get one of those!! ASAP! :idea:

Deb watkins 05-13-2011 07:44 AM

When taking a trip by car, you don't look for the rest stops, but the fabric/quilt stores.