Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You know you're a quilting addict when... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-know-youre-quilting-addict-when-t122603.html)

Sandra in Minnesota 05-13-2011 12:50 PM

How about sitting in Bible Study and the gal next to me, who is also a quilter, and I are trying to figure out if the padding under the tablecloth is warm and natural or not.

Jeanine 05-13-2011 01:02 PM

When you tell the dog "Just a moment, I'll take you out when I finish this one thing." and she sits. Then several minutes later, she'll come over and put her head on my lap. That works.
Jeanine

mommafank 05-13-2011 01:07 PM

See a design for a quilt in the tie the news guy is wearing.

Sandee 05-13-2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by LivelyLady
Calling out sick at work in order to stay in pjs all day and quilt. (I didn't really lie, I just told them "I am sick"....I left off "of work") :oops:

I used to think of them as my "Mental Health Days".

alapetitechaise 05-13-2011 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by mhansen6
When the first thing you do when you get to work is turn on your computer and read this board. (I am having to get to work earlier all the time)

YES YES YES!!!! Then I find any reason during the day to check in and see what's new.
Just got to work break
Client cancelled an appointment break
Morning break
Midmorning break
Lunch break
Potty break
Pick me up break
Afternoon break
Thinking about going home break'
Boss is in a bad mood break
Do I see a pattern here?

Marion T 05-13-2011 01:55 PM

All of the above. Except I thought this was normal behaviour!!

writerwomen 05-13-2011 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by kiki1002
when you "steal" your friend's child's crayons at the restraunt so that you can practice your quilting pattern on the paper tablecloth before the drinks come. Hey, when do you get to practice on paper that big?

Heck my husband thinks I'm looney any time I get something in my hand that can be written on or with I'm doddling a new design, character or what ever else comes to mind. The waitresses where we have been before know and tend to slip an extra paper on to the table. Backs of kleenex boxes in the car, church bullintins, napkins etc. Papers off of straws, gum wrappers etc make great little creations twisted and folded.

jpthequilter 05-13-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltMom2
When you are doing the trip of a lifetime, get off plane in Israel, and are stopped dead in your tracks by mosaic floor that has been excavated/displayed that would make a great applique and pieced project. (still on the "to-do list")!!

They have mosaic floors in Turkey, Greece, Italy, Egypt and most of the Mediterranean shores and islands...

lovelyl 05-13-2011 03:32 PM

Why stop at rest stops on vacation? Quilt shops have restrooms... :lol:

neece 05-13-2011 03:36 PM

I check the old movies on TCM to see the quilts(I read this on a quilt site) When you are visiting friends out of town and have to see them around your schedule to visit the local quilt shops :shock: