Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is your sewing area 'inviting'? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/your-sewing-area-inviting-t67190.html)

SNUGQUILT 09-30-2010 10:19 AM

I tidied up mine a couple of weeks ago, and I must say, it definitely helps it feel more inviting...now just to have more time! :)

Teresa 54 09-30-2010 12:24 PM

I organize after every project -even vacumn!

Marge L. 09-30-2010 12:52 PM

I cannot work if things are scattered. Chaos is not my thing. I USUALLY know where everything is. You know--put it where you can find it, oh, sure.LOL Not always, just once in a while. I just forget sometimes.

trolleystation 09-30-2010 01:05 PM

MESS...MESS...MESS...And I wouldn't change a thing. Every time I straighten it up I cannot find anything and then feel guilty when I make a mess again. Vicious cycle.

sheila bee 09-30-2010 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I organized my room, now I can't find a darn thing and I don't feel comfortable in it.
So, I started a small project, pulling things out and "messing up" a little and I'm right back at home. Guess I love chaos......

Thats ME to a tee...

ChubbyBunny 09-30-2010 01:36 PM

My sewing room is very inviting! I keep it neat (most of the time) and organized and decorate it with my favorite things. It's actually nicer and cleaner than the rest of the house because it's my sanctuary. 8-)

Bev 09-30-2010 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
I love organization. I pick up before leaving my sewing room for the day. That way I get to start in a neat sewing room the next day.

Me too. Can't live with it any other way.
I guess Im kinda OCD. :wink:

JeanieG 09-30-2010 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight

Originally Posted by dottientx
Anything 'untidy' is never an invittation to enjoy any creative endeavor, especially in a sewing room. I can't understand how anyone can enjoy working in a mess. Guess I'm just weird that way!

I guess there are a lot of weird quilters if thats the case. LOL

Yep, I must be weird too!!!

Nana Julie 09-30-2010 04:21 PM

Currently, I live with my parents to help take care of them. Anyway, my "sewing Room" is my bedroom, T.V. room, excess kitchen storage, excess pantry space. I believe the measurements for the room is 10x12...so I would say disaster might not be a good choice for my room. One corner of the room, though is sewing. And unfortunately I do feel guilty if I try to work on any craft or sewing project if my room is "piled high". With such close quarters there is no more space for invintive storage.

Lucy90 09-30-2010 04:23 PM

I was sewing in my dining room which I enjoy because it is bright and sunny. I am fixing an extra bedroom for a sewing room. It is starting to look ok not fancy like some of the ones I see posted here. It is inviting and I'm sort of OCD and like things organized. I have two bedrooms torn apart because of this idea and my wash room in the basement where I had things. When it gets done I may post a picture or two.