Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • A Problem >
  • A Problem

• A Problem

Old 12-01-2010, 09:07 AM

I guess I wouldn't share showing my quilts to her. And if you want to be honest about her quilts, then say what you really think. Maybe it might show her (after a while) why you don't bring yours to share anymore and also make her re-think how she's acting about hers and not responding in kind. But people here are very kind and always enjoy seeing what each other has been doing....why not share here instead???
    Old 12-01-2010, 09:24 AM

Some people seem to suck the life out of you each time you meet them.
    One of the most up-beat people I've ever met in my whole life was a lady who lived here in my town. Everyone who met her went away feeling uplifted and upbeat.
    This lady was one of the last paralyzed polio victims still in an iron lung..she only had limited motion in her neck. She was the
    loveliest and most upbeat person I've ever met. Long may Kathy's memory last.
    Others can go take someone else down, I've been blessed to meet the best type of human being.
    Old 12-01-2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Originally Posted by Nancy11442
    Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    I think I'd quit showing her my quilts. If her opinion made me sad, I wouldn't listen to it any more.
    Thanks, I think you're right. Definition of insane? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?? Thanks!!
    You just quoted something very wise from Alanon!! :thumbup:
    I didn't know it was from Alanon but someone told me that a few years ago and I must have forgotten it. It is true, no matter where it came from and thanks for caring enuf to reply. It helps me think thru this thing!!
    Old 12-01-2010, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat
    This is a friend???? Not in my dictionary. This is a competitor who has to come out on top or else. At least in quilting.

I'd be curious as to how others relate to her.

ali
    About the same way. I like her and her quilts and I'm honest in my praise. It's just the lack of return in kind that bothers me. Some of you are so wise!! You see this situation so clearly. Maybe I'm too close?? Thanks
    Old 12-01-2010, 09:49 AM

This is a friend???? Not in my dictionary. This is a competitor who has to come out on top or else. At least in quilting.

ali
    I agree with AliKat. This is not friend. Friends don't treat each other that way. Start looking for a new friend with whom you can share honestly.
    Old 12-01-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    There is a woman that comes to my regular sew day group that is like that. Everyone seems to droop a little when she walks in the door.
    I know the feeling. We have one too in our group and others don't bring show and tell if she's going to be there. She's a wonderful quilter but very critical of others. Grabs them right away and begins to examine them closely. So, we just protect ourselves and when we know she's going to be there, we don't share!! Sad?? I think so.
    Old 12-01-2010, 09:52 AM

There is a woman that comes to my regular sew day group that is like that. Everyone seems to droop a little when she walks in the door.
    Sounds like an energy vampire.
    Old 12-01-2010, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by grammy17

ali
    I agree with AliKat. This is not friend. Friends don't treat each other that way. Start looking for a new friend with whom you can share honestly.
    Thanks, Ladies....now I just have to learn how to upload or download or whatever you do to put pics on this site. I love looking @ all the quilts and I've learned so much from all of you!! You are a talented bunch of Great Ladies!! Thanks for being my Cyber Friends!!
    Old 12-01-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy11442
    I know the feeling. We have one too in our group and others don't bring show and tell if she's going to be there. She's a wonderful quilter but very critical of others. Grabs them right away and begins to examine them closely. So, we just protect ourselves and when we know she's going to be there, we don't share!! Sad?? I think so.
    That is the way she makes herself feel important and better than others
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
    If you show us your quilts, I bet you'll get PLENTY of oohs and ahhhhs. We appreciate all styles of quilting.
    Yep, just show us!!