Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Purchasing from blog sites >
  • Purchasing from blog sites

• Purchasing from blog sites

Old 03-25-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by LeeJay
    It has probably been four months since this transaction took place, so I have given up on ever receiving it. She sent the pkg at the cheapest rate, and there was no tracking service. She seemed sincere, etc. I will just consider the $30. as a charge for good future know-how and am not attempting to get my money. Just wondering if it has happened to any of you and what you did, or would do if it did happen to you.
    It has not happened to me, but I would do the same thing you are doing and give it up as a lost cause. I really don't see that you have other options but to chalk it up to a bad experience. Certainly she could and should have mailed it in a way that it could be tracked; it's not that expensive or difficult to do. It is my opinion that if she is/was genuinely unhappy (and DID indeed send the stuff), she should have offered to return half of your $30.00. That way, you both share in the loss.

Also, unless I was sure she was trying to cheat me, I would not make a lot of trouble for her ... not over $30.00. On the other hand, if I were sure she scammed me, I would try to alert others.
    Old 03-25-2010, 03:33 PM

These have pretty much been my thoughts, Weezie. New food for thought: is she doing this to someone else....I really hope not, but it is too late for me to do anything about it. I won't fall into this trap again. Maybe by "talking" about it, we will prevent this happening to someone else. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts!
    Old 03-25-2010, 03:58 PM

Am so sorry Leejay about your order from this gal. I sell on Ebay and Etsy and offer money back if not satisfied and only accept Paypal. Your situation is what gives selling online a bad reputation. For every bad apple, there are thousands of good ones, so just be more careful next time and only buy from a legit seller or only use Paypal. I use my blog/facebook/twitter to promote my quilts & supplies, but do not do any selling from those places.

Yes, by all means, you need to ask for a complete refund and I hope you do. It doesn't matter how long it has been, if she is legit and not a scammer. Did it say anything on the blog about satisfaction guaranteed or refund policy or anything like that???

The sellers I know on both Ebay and Etsy would have offered to refund your money...mmmmh?? something doesn't smell right to me.

Good luck and please keep us posted on the final outcome.

Judy
    Old 03-25-2010, 06:53 PM
    Power Poster

I would contact her and ask for your money back. It just doesn't seem right.
    Old 03-25-2010, 07:05 PM
    Power Poster

The only purchases we have made online is using my credit card to buy airline tickets from registered airlines/travel agents and washing machine parts from Ebay using Paypal. I think if people are going to do business remotely, a shipping service that is trackable would be the only way to go. Sorry you had such a bad experience but I would say the $30 is a write-off.
    Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 PM

I agree with what's been said so far. I would email/call/snail mail her and ask for a full refund. Fair is fair. I, personally, wouldn't let it go.
    Old 03-25-2010, 07:22 PM

I had a similar experience with a sewing machine I purchased on e-bay. The photo advertised was misleading. I complained and she said she would refund my money if I sent back the attachments only (the machine was basic junk). I did so but still no refund. Luckily it was only $50. Although I gave her a negative response on e-bay, I learned an expensive lesson. I no longer shop on e-bay.
    Old 03-25-2010, 07:31 PM

As far as e-bay, they have a dispute department. My DD just had to use them and got a full refund for a purchase she made through PayPal. Seller never sent merchandise, never answered the many e-mails my DD sent, and when DD posted a negative remark, within moments was contacted by seller stating they had been in hospital. Told DD to check their store and sure enough, they were doing much business with other folks while in the hospital. DD wrote all this to the dispute dept. and it was taken care of.

Don't know where you bought from this person, but never ever send a check or cash. MO or PayPal. When they receive your check, they can then go to other places on the Web and get the info they need to do Identity theft. If you have never had it happen, you don't want it to. Bad stuff.

I refuse to do business on the Web unless they take PayPal. Have never had a problem in over 3 years of buying.
    Old 03-25-2010, 09:13 PM

I am really sorry for your loss and the bad experience. I have shopped online and used Paypal for years and have been very fortunate to never have not 1 bad experience. I use Etsy and Ebay for purchasing and always been very pleased.
    Old 03-25-2010, 09:18 PM

I guess I can't blame e-bay totally. My dh was handling the whole thing (I guess I'm not savvy enough) and I think he waited too long to have any real options. He has bought a whole lot on e-bay using pay pal since then but I'm a little gun shy. I've looked at etsy so many times. Maybe I should try again. Thanks for sharing. I feel a little better now.