Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Purse/ bag Closures >
  • Purse/ bag Closures

• Purse/ bag Closures

Old 01-21-2012, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by They are neat and forgiving, if you are off a little bit with your match up....you can buy them in different finishes to enhance the purses...sort of like an embellisment. You can order them on line or buy them in fabric stores. Be aware of the prices! I prefer the 18mm (3/4") magnetic snaps. JoAnns has a better price than Hancocks or WalMart or even Hobby Lobby and if you use a coupon...BETTER STILL! When I order on line....it's better to order in bulk obviously. I'm sure there might be better places , but I use umei....email: [email
    [email protected][/email], Home page: http://www.umei.com
    You will have to call or fax an order to them tho due to price changes. Even if you don't order from them, go to their web site and see what accessories are available for purse making...some good stuff there.
    Good luck!
    Have you noticed that there is a difference in price between the round and square magnet closures?? Ann
    Old 01-22-2012, 05:18 PM

I've switched to mostly zippers, unless requested by a customer. Zippers really aren't that hard to put in. Look at the technique that the Lazy Girl patterns use and adapt that to your needs. I get zippers from thrift stores at a cheaper price than the magnets. Most people prefer not to have the top of their bag open, both for weather and theft.
    Old 01-22-2012, 05:24 PM

Just be careful of the magnetic closures they will delete your credit card or hotel card. Just had this happen this spring, wondered why the hotel Key card would not work well it was the magnet on the bag
    Old 01-22-2012, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
    Just be careful of the magnetic closures they will delete your credit card or hotel card. Just had this happen this spring, wondered why the hotel Key card would not work well it was the magnet on the bag
    I wondered about that. I actually had a subway card erase when I used it too close to mine.
    Old 01-23-2012, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
    Interesting... I have a small key chain/card wallet that I made with a 1/2" magnetic closure on it. I carry my building entry magnetic card as well as credit and debit cards in it every day for the last 6 months or so with no problems so far. I wonder how long my luck will last.
    Old 01-23-2012, 10:33 AM

I like this for lots of closures at good prices. Their zippers are not so inexpensive , but have good deals on lots of closures as well as other stuff.
    http://jhittlesewing.com/visitor/index_jhs.html