Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Question about oiling a juki tl-98 >
  • Question about oiling a juki tl-98

• Question about oiling a juki tl-98

Old 09-06-2010, 09:07 PM

I have this wonderful machine and have no idea how to oil it. I cannot find my manual at the moment and wanted to know if anyone knew off the top of their heads where the oil might go. Thanks for the help! :XD:
    Old 09-07-2010, 04:41 AM

There are holes in various spots on the case...if the "hole" fills up, it's not an oiling hole! Perhaps about 6 are? Look on the bed, toward the needle, away from the needle, where the bobbin winder is, then to the left toward the end of the arm.
    Old 09-07-2010, 05:05 AM

I have this machine too and NO where in the manual does it tell you where to oil it!! I was wondering the same thing, maybe someone can answer it for us! lol I was thinku=ing about calling the company, But I hate customer service!!

So in the mean time, I just take it apart and clean it really well! It's a fuzz hog!!!
    Old 09-07-2010, 05:21 AM

I have the TL98E and I took a red sharpie and circled around the inside of each hole that needs to be oiled. There are a total of 7 including the bobbin case.
    There are 4 on the very top of the machine. You will see that they are the same size holes. The first 2 on the left and the 2 on the right. Then next to the needle you will see 3 holes, just a drop in the top one, then go across to the hole on the right by itself. Final one is the bobbin case. That's it! If you need a pix of my machine with the red marks, let me know, I will be happy to send it on to you. Good luck!
    Old 09-07-2010, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    I have this wonderful machine and have no idea how to oil it. I cannot find my manual at the moment and wanted to know if anyone knew off the top of their heads where the oil might go. Thanks for the help! :XD:
    I have the TL98Q, would believe the oiling holes are the same, if you don't get your answer before I get home from work, I can scan the maintenance page for you and pm it to you if you would like.

you can join the TL98 Juki yahoo groups if you need it before then, they also have the information also.
    Old 09-07-2010, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by jamh
    I have this machine too and NO where in the manual does it tell you where to oil it!! I was wondering the same thing, maybe someone can answer it for us! lol I was thinku=ing about calling the company, But I hate customer service!!

So in the mean time, I just take it apart and clean it really well! It's a fuzz hog!!!
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JukiTL98Qmachinequilting/
    this is the link for yahoo groups.
    Old 09-07-2010, 11:50 AM

I do have to agree with the fuzz monster I swear sometimes after sewing for an hour I have enough fuzz to line my quilt! I will check out the links thank you!
    Old 09-08-2010, 02:32 PM

I followed your instructions the machine purrs again, I am afraid to oil the bobbin case where exactly to you oil it? and doesnt this mess with your thread?
    Old 09-08-2010, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    I followed your instructions the machine purrs again, I am afraid to oil the bobbin case where exactly to you oil it? and doesnt this mess with your thread?
    On the bed of the machine...if you're "sitting" at it, it would be to the right of the needle, and I think the feed dogs. Kids are asleep, so I'm afraid to turn on the light to look...
    Old 09-08-2010, 07:06 PM

Here are the two relevant sections of my owner's manual. Mine is a Juki TL98Q.

It doesn't show in the photo, but it says at the top of the page to turn off and unplug the machine before working on it.

Enlarged version of above
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]113958[/ATTACH]

Enlarged version of above
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]113959[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-113951.jpe   attachment-113952.jpe   attachment-113953.jpe   attachment-113954.jpe