Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Question about shipping - would you be upset if ...? >
  • Question about shipping - would you be upset if ...?

• Question about shipping - would you be upset if ...?

Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S
    One of the guages I use for measuring the integrity of an on-line shop is how the shipping charges measure up. Those that really only charge the actual shipping or maybe a few cents over I believe have integrity. Those that use larger boxes than needed, charge a handling fee, or ingeneral do not manage the shipping part to benefit the consumer are my last choice.
    I would be glad to get a lower cost for shipping ....if I really wanted I can re- bundle the contents myself.
    I am now with you! I just received a package shipped from bevfabriccrafts in which were two square omnigrid rulers. One ruler was 9 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches, and the other was 4 inches by 4 inches. It was shipped in a box that was 18"x24"x18" !!!!! The shipping was over $8.00. I didn't pay attention to the shipping cost at the time I ordered, and boy did I pay big time. I will never order from this outfit again. It's my own fault, I agree, but an outfit that pulls that kind of rip off is no better than a thief.
    Old 09-02-2010, 09:28 AM

Take out the fancy stuff. Make sure the package is secure and post. Lower costs for all.
    Old 09-02-2010, 10:03 AM

Great idea. Shipping costs have kept me from completing an order many times.
    Old 09-02-2010, 10:44 AM

Just to let you all know. Right now nancysnotions.com is having a free shipping offer if you are on their e-mail llist. She has this every once & a while. I am going to see what bargains she has and maybe take advantage of it. That is my way of telling a merchant that is important to me so they will have the free shipping offer again.
    Old 09-02-2010, 11:06 AM

The shipping charges are one of the first considerations when I start looking at an online shop. It would take an incredible sale to make up for the shipping charges at some of them.
    Old 09-02-2010, 01:49 PM

I go for cheaper shipping costs. I just canceled an order for earrings as they wanted $4.95 for shipping and it put the earrings over my budget. If it is a gift you can aways tie a pretty ribbon around the package.
    Old 09-02-2010, 03:11 PM

When I order strips from Connecting Threads, they flatten them so they fit better and the shipping is cheaper. Unless I order something else as well, but most places I have ordered from flatten them out. I don't care how they do it so I pay less shipping, as long as the fabric stays nice and isn't damaged.
    Old 09-02-2010, 04:25 PM

Well this weekend I ordered a yard of fabric from a quilt shop in LA...I miss cut one from a kit and needed it to finish ...anyway they charged my 4.95 shipping on a yard of fabric..when it came today their actual shipping cost was 1.70...now I am all for someone making a profit but I had already paid the $9 for the yard of fabric which would have been profit...I was just a little irrated that the charged me more than double of their cost...I won't be ordering from them again I don't think..but who knows...I believe you should save the customer without sacraficing your profit as well...blessings
    Old 09-02-2010, 04:44 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Well I'm mixed on it..

Now if it was fabric for my own personal stash then yea, have at it, remove the ribbon. Ill take the cheaper S/H.. But if it was a gift for someone then I really would like it to look pretty.....
    Old 09-02-2010, 05:25 PM

My question is, "Does this question really need to be asked with the economy the way it is?" For haven sake, any little bit of saving a person can get, they should be gracious and not complain about how pretty the package looks but how much they saved.