Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • question for employees of Joann's >
  • question for employees of Joann's

• question for employees of Joann's

Old 09-26-2011, 02:02 PM

The designated person in charge checked every bag, purse, etc when I worked at Joann's. Trust no one! Really sad for a company, any company, to have to scrutinize employee's to that degree.
    Old 09-26-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by hm4933
    I worked for Viking inside a Jo-Ann store and yes they do require employee's purses to be check before leaving the store. Viking employee's were check as well.
    I also worked for Viking inside a Jo-Ann's superstore, for almost 2 years and was shocked that I had to have my bag searched before I could leave the store.
    Old 09-26-2011, 02:28 PM

Boy, did I learn a lot by posting this question. I found it odd that it was done in front of customers, but I realize it would have been worse to shut down the cutting table to conduct it in the back.

I live in a small town and I guess I have not expierenced the real world. All these stories have enlightened me. I worked in a public library, we didn't check the employees, but I would have liked to frisk the patrons.

Jean

Jean
    Old 09-26-2011, 02:35 PM

Gee thats so sad...but we do have people that walk into stores and take things.....but I think if they have to check their employee's they should atleast do it in private....wow they may ask me one day to check mine Iam constantly opening my hand bag for my reading glasses, kleenix, etc....I wonder what I will say lol....but my Jo'ann's the employee's all know me so well so I dont think that will happen......Trish
    Old 09-26-2011, 02:42 PM

My list my swatches my pen are all in the bottom of my purse, let them look I am not going to steal anything! There is nothing worse than leaving a store and having that embarrassing beeper go off just to find the clerk did not run the item over the demagnetizes.
    Old 09-26-2011, 02:44 PM

its pretty quick to do it while people are leaving the shift I mean think about the man hours it would take to check in the back - may leave the floor unattended - makes customers wait and lots of other things.
    Old 09-26-2011, 03:15 PM

I worked for a large home improvement store and we were suppose to show purses and bags. If we bought something on break it would have to be locked in one room. Then if you allowed someone to leave without checking things n were caught on camera we were in trouble.
    Old 09-26-2011, 03:42 PM

I worked retail many years. i worked for a store called Hills Dept Stores and we had to leave our purses in the office and I also worked for Sears. We had lockers to put them in and you weren't allowed to have them on the floor. I have also heard about the clear pouches from many of the other stores. I guess employees are some of the worst suspects because the one ass't manager got caught stuffing her briefcase with merchandise.
    Old 09-26-2011, 03:48 PM

Yes it is policy, I work there and sometimes it can be a pain. When you have to wait for a supervisor to meet up eith you and they want you to get it done before you clock out.
    Old 09-26-2011, 04:03 PM

Walmart workers have to show in their packages etc. They better have their receipts if they bought something there that day too.