Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Question for Juki TL owners.... >
  • Question for Juki TL owners....

• Question for Juki TL owners....

Old 07-03-2024, 02:41 PM

MKC, thanks for linking to that chart, but in my experience, it’s not accurate. With my 2010, I got a 1/4 and 1/5” quilting foot, and a hemming foot. I would never have bought any of those on my own. I remember being puzzled by how different 1/4 and 1/5” could really be.

I know everyone idolizes Juki Junkies these days, but anyone can make a mistake. Or things have changed since I got mine.

hugs,
    charlotte

Last edited by charlottequilts; 07-03-2024 at 02:48 PM. Reason: clarity
    Old 07-03-2024, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    A new in box the TL 18 comes with 8 feet and two accessories.
    Yes, and I received them. But the difference in number between that and the 2010 was small. The most impressive thing was the spacer bar (or whatever) for the walking foot. I’ve never seen anything like it. Looks like it could hold cars back at a railway crossing. 😆

charlotte
    Old 07-03-2024, 08:28 PM
    Power Poster

the difference in number between that and the 2010 was small.

I think the difference from 8 feet to four is not small. It's half. Must be what year the Juki was made makes a difference in what the accessory package contains. My friend ordered a 2010 on from a big online machine dealer and got two feet different than two of what I got. I bought mine at a local dealer and the machine was made the year I bought it. My friend's was new but made several years before she bough it.
    Old 07-04-2024, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by retired2pa
    Well...I bit the bullet and ordered the 2010. I'm looking forward to getting it
    You are going to love it. I bought mine 4 years ago and it is the machine I use on my Cutie frame but a go to for sewing on bindings. So easy to maintain as it is mechanical and bottom of machine will open to really get in and clean out all the dust bunnies. Juki Junkies also has wonderful videos on YouTube about care and use of TL machines. Have fun.
    Old 07-04-2024, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    the difference in number between that and the 2010 was small.

I think the difference from 8 feet to four is not small. It's half. Must be what year the Juki was made makes a difference in what the accessory package contains. My friend ordered a 2010 on from a big online machine dealer and got two feet different than two of what I got. I bought mine at a local dealer and the machine was made the year I bought it. My friend's was new but made several years before she bough it.
    OnebyOne, I do not know why you want to debate this further. All of us know that 4 is half of 8.

I have made it clear that the difference between what was provided with my two Jukis is 2 feet and that I have no idea why.

Seems like it’s time to let this drop and move on.

Old 07-04-2024, 07:42 AM
    Power Poster

In case anyone is interested the Juki NX7 has been on sale for $1000 off.
    Old 07-07-2024, 06:11 AM

Just wanted to update. I've used the Juki for a couple days and like it but I think my biggest disappointment would be in the lighting...or should I say...poor lighting. I ordered a LED strip and got it yesterday. It helps a lot. Juki should really update this.

Also, the (lack of) feet included with the machine is also disappointing considering that Brother 1500's ( now the new 1600SL) include a lot of feet. Thankfully, my Brother Nouvelle 1500 that I've had for 14 years has a ton of feet and they fit on the Juki so spending that extra $600 for the QVP18 would have been a waste of money.
    Old 07-08-2024, 05:34 AM
    Power Poster

Hi Colleen, I've been offline for a few days and just saw this. I think you will love that machine. I have the same one and love it. I also got led lights for it bc the light was so dim. Mine came with a bunch of feet several years ago but you can also buy them at Wawak if you want/need any. Great prices and wonderful service. And JukiJunkies on Youtube has tons of info on that machine.
    For a long time I couldn't get the needle threaded but watched them do it and now it works every single time.
    Have fun!
    Old 07-08-2024, 06:54 PM

I have the 2200 QVP Mini. Same machine with different packaging. I bought the Handiquilter LED lights and they have made all the difference. That was my only problem with the machine. The lighting wasn't good on the stock machine.