Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • question,,,,,???? >
  • question,,,,,????

• question,,,,,????

Old 06-08-2010, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by amma
    You are not alone :wink: there are quilters who only buy as they go... The rest of us may be just as hooked on fabric as we are making quilts :D:D:D
    Over time, you may find that you just HAVE to have this fabric or THAT one.... LOL
    Boy, and howdy!!!! When JoAnns has there quilting fabric for $1.99 a yd, I fill up my buggy. People ask me what am I making and I just tell them "I can't pass up this sale". Needless to say, my stash is starting to come out of my ears....uh...sewing room. I figure I will make some quilts out of them someday. HELP, I've got the STASH BUG!!!!
    Old 06-08-2010, 07:06 AM
    Banned

I, on the other hand have 1000+ yards of fabric, no kidding[/quote]

Ohhhh, I envy you, how wonderful to have so much fabric to choose from!!! You wouldn't even have to use sheets for backing! LOL. Not that I really mind using the sheets, they are sturdy and long lasting if I choose wisely.

I use sheets sometimes when it's to be machine quilted; once did for a handquilter - hard!
    My son made me promise to not buy any fabric for 6 mos last October (Torture but I did it) - my many shelves of it I can see but I had to go through my 17 large Rubbermaids - and guess what: Found fabric I'd long forgotten and fabric I'd never seen before in my life (though I bought it at some point).
    It was like my own LQS.
    Old 06-09-2010, 10:15 AM

I have a large stash,too. My DH was cleaning out our storage shed and brought in an arm-full of fabric and asked me if I had forgotten I had it. I said I had but didn't tell him about what was in 5 other large Rubbermaid bins in the same shed.LOL
    Old 06-09-2010, 12:16 PM

LOL! Too funny!
    Originally Posted by Boopers
    I have a large stash,too. My DH was cleaning out our storage shed and brought in an arm-full of fabric and asked me if I had forgotten I had it. I said I had but didn't tell him about what was in 5 other large Rubbermaid bins in the same shed.LOL
    ;)
    Old 11-08-2010, 10:27 AM

just an idea, but I draw out a sketch of what I want to do with the fabric, the picture shows the Pattern and what fabric goes where, then I attach swatches of the fabric to the sketch, it helps me remember, when I finally get back to it ( I also make a note of WHERE I bought the fabric, in case I need to go back for more)
    Originally Posted by Lynnc
    I have a sewing room full of fabric plus a shed that is 6' x 12' full of material. I buy fabric anywhere and any time. I never know how much, so I buy 3 to 5 yards if the price is low. I might have an idea of what to do with it but by the time I pick it up again I've forgotten the idea I had.
    Old 11-08-2010, 10:45 AM

Once you have gotten bit by the "quilt bug", fabric becomes an addiction!
    Old 11-08-2010, 10:48 AM

If you deviate from creating quilts from patterns, your stash will grow. Now I buy fabric that I like becuz I know I will eventually create a quilt with it. Sometimes the fabric alone is my springboard for creating a new quilt.

Typically now, I only use quilt patterns as an idea. I tend to design my own quilts based on fabric I have.