Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • question,,,,,???? >
  • question,,,,,????

• question,,,,,????

Old 05-31-2010, 06:03 PM

Quilt book bugs! Those are really dangerous.

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
    Guess it depends on which "Bug" bites you first! LOL
    The Quilting Bug or the Fabric Bug. Be aware too that there are also Gadget Bugs, Pattern Bugs, Forum Bugs, Swap Bugs, Machine Bugs...

Ladies did I forget anything? :)
    Old 05-31-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by mrsdralshhadeh
    whoo,, I was beginning to think I was alone in this matter,, I see alot of fabric I love and owuld love to have,, but I was always worried that I would have to have it,,then when it came time to cutting it,, I would not want to because it was so pretty.. or that I would have so much,, that I would get overwhelmed by what I have,, and not be able to choose,,lol... does think make sense to anyone else besides me? :?: :-o
    I'm so glad that somebody else has this prob. I have fabric that I've had for a very long time because I can't stand the thought of cutting it until I find just the right pattern that won't destroy it's original look. Therefore, I have had some for yrs. but am still waiting for just the right pattern. I am so pathetic.

Heck, I go to JoAnn's just to look at the colors & pull the bolts out just enough to feel the fabric. Talk about needing therapy. LOL
    Old 05-31-2010, 06:45 PM

Its like when you have your first piece of Chocolate. You like it then, you eat another, then annother, Its very addicting. I look for fabric no matter where I go and Im always thinking of patterns now. Have fun!!! Your love it on the board, everyone is so helpful and nice.......
    Old 05-31-2010, 07:33 PM

I loved fabric before I started quilting. In fact, I decided to get into quilting as a way to use the fabric I was collecting. I was finding it at thrift stores and yard sales, and couldn't pass up such a good deal. I rarely, if ever, buy yardage from a store unless it's on sale at a great markdown or I use a good coupon. I am the clearance queen!! So I had the fabric first, then started quilting.
    Old 05-31-2010, 08:17 PM

I've suffered from the FB, PB, QB and SB (sewing bug) for many, many years. I also suffer from the NET(not enough time) bug. My stash has grown as a result of that, plus fashions/tastes change so that has also enabled my stash to grow too. I love fabric, and my mind's eye is much bigger than my production, so what more can I say? Except maybe stop feeding to QB and get busy stitching?!?!?! I'd like you to post again in six months or a year and see where your "stash" is at . . . :evil: :lol:
    Old 05-31-2010, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
    Guess it depends on which "Bug" bites you first! LOL
    The Quilting Bug or the Fabric Bug. Be aware too that there are also Gadget Bugs, Pattern Bugs, Forum Bugs, Swap Bugs, Machine Bugs...

Ladies did I forget anything? :)
    Yes ..you forgot something ...the quilting bug and the fabric bug are SIAMESE TWINS....

:-D :-D :-D
    Old 05-31-2010, 08:46 PM
    Google Goddess

I am still working on my stash, don't have much fabric
    Old 05-31-2010, 10:33 PM

I have a sewing room full of fabric plus a shed that is 6' x 12' full of material. I buy fabric anywhere and any time. I never know how much, so I buy 3 to 5 yards if the price is low. I might have an idea of what to do with it but by the time I pick it up again I've forgotten the idea I had.
    Old 06-01-2010, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnc
    I have a sewing room full of fabric plus a shed that is 6' x 12' full of material. I buy fabric anywhere and any time. I never know how much, so I buy 3 to 5 yards if the price is low. I might have an idea of what to do with it but by the time I pick it up again I've forgotten the idea I had.
    Wow, that sure makes me feel a lot better about my stash!! I am a beginner compared to you. I only have a plastic bin I'm working on filling up. LOL, Smilessssss and hugggggggs
    Old 06-01-2010, 01:57 PM

I usually only buy for my current project but I have a huge stash from all the leftovers and all the fat quarters which was what I bought when I first started quilting..only to learn I couldn't make much out of them until I started making scrap quilts (now my favorite.) I'm in a quilting ministry at our church so we get a lot of donations, but, unfortunatlely, we don't get a lot of yardage but we make the best scrap quilts you've seen. My mother was obsessed with fabric and brought tons of it in 4-6 yard pieces. The sad thing is she sewed during the polyester era so I couldn't use her stash.