Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quillow Question >
  • Quillow Question

• Quillow Question

Old 12-09-2013, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
    years ago we made dozens of these---they were twin sized- made great 'travel quilts' you can make them any size you want. if you want to use pieced blocks by all means do so- I've never considered making them with a binding instead of putting them together right sides together- not sure how that would work-but would be a lot more work than the 'normal way' ...since they are fairly easy- fast projects i'm not sure why you would want to complicate them& make them so much more work- but you can do them any way you want- your project-
    I agree, I do the birthing technique and then topstitch it to make it more secure and it also hides the seam where you turned it. I use my walking foot when using fleece, keeps the tucks out, even when one side is cotton and the other side is fleece; the walking foot makes it go so much further.
    Old 12-09-2013, 01:12 PM
    Power Poster

I use to make them back in the good old days, the 80s. I made them normally with the width of the fabric and the length 2 yard. You can make them any size you want but just adjust the size of you pillow. Think my pillows were 16" square. There are no rules except for how to attach the pillow to the quilt. Hopefully someone on the board has cover that critical part of making a quillow. Did you check any of the sewing patterns?? They use to have instructions on making a quilllow.