Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilt Back From Happy Crafters (Reasonable Price Place)-What Do You Think? >
  • Quilt Back From Happy Crafters (Reasonable Price Place)-What Do You Think?

• Quilt Back From Happy Crafters (Reasonable Price Place)-What Do You Think?

Old 07-11-2014, 02:37 AM

looks great to me.
    Old 07-11-2014, 02:58 AM

For that price I don't think you can complain! The one and only quilt I had done at my LQS cost about $270 and I supplied the batting and backing!
    Old 07-11-2014, 04:02 AM

What a great price I happen to love hi loft batting. Overall I would say worth it
    Old 07-11-2014, 05:19 AM

Jeanne S- I thought this board had a policy against bad mouthing businesses? I think that is is very rude to critizice this company since part of your dissatification is your own fault.
    Old 07-11-2014, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by bigsister63
    Jeanne S- I thought this board had a policy against bad mouthing businesses? I think that is is very rude to critizice this company since part of your dissatification is your own fault.
    I dont think she bad mouthed them at all... She did say while the look is not her favorite it was her own fault and everything else she was good with I thought it was a pretty fair review of a long arm service that I would now consider using.
    Old 07-11-2014, 06:38 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by bigsister63
    What post did you read? The OP was very fair and unbiased. She included pictures and her very first sentence in the review was "Overall I think they did a good job, certainly for what I paid." Jeanne also freely admitted "What I don't like, and it is my fault for not asking in advance, " So no bad mouthing. She worded her pros and cons of the experience equally and fairly and included pictures for each and every one of us to make our own determination. finally she concluded: "I would recommend Happy Crafters for the economical cost and pretty good overall quality work."

Definitely no bad mouthing in this post.
    Old 07-11-2014, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    What post did you read? The OP was very fair and unbiased. She included pictures and her very first sentence in the review was "Overall I think they did a good job, certainly for what I paid." Jeanne also freely admitted "What I don't like, and it is my fault for not asking in advance, " So no bad mouthing. She worded her pros and cons of the experience equally and fairly and included pictures for each and every one of us to make our own determination. finally she concluded: "I would recommend Happy Crafters for the economical cost and pretty good overall quality work."

Definitely no bad mouthing in this post.
    Thanks for your response. I certainly did not intend to "bad mouth" them. I posted my photos and personal opinion of my experience because several Board members asked for information about an actual experience with this firm because "the prices seem too good to be true". I tried to be fair with the pros and cons of my experience. As I stated, I would use them again for some quilts, but not all.
    Old 07-11-2014, 08:21 AM
    Power Poster

It looks great from here!!!
    Old 07-12-2014, 03:47 AM

What is the name of the pattern you used? I love everything about your quilt!
    Old 07-12-2014, 04:52 AM

I think you did a great evaluation, Jeanne S.! No problems from my side of the ocean! Goods/bads. It's sad when we aren't allowed to say good AND bad or pros and cons. And IMO, the bad you mentioned doesn't even seem bad (to me).

I happen to like puffy quilts, so the look is no problem to me, but you do end up with a different feel to the quilt than if you are used to a thinner cotton batting.