Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilt guild gift >
  • Quilt guild gift

• Quilt guild gift

Old 10-26-2013, 05:30 PM

I received a rack for rulers last year at our guild and find it very useful. Joanne's has them.
    Old 10-27-2013, 04:37 AM

A 10 dollar gift certificate to the LQS.
    Old 10-27-2013, 04:41 AM

Guess I'll have to google "scapel blades" to see what they are. And I never have enough bags to organize my project into so that would be a good gift for a person like me.
    Old 10-27-2013, 05:01 AM

How about something like this? I send these to swap partners as part of their gift. I used them when I made a Labyrinth quilt - much better than labels which always disappear and pins that stab you, lol!

I buy the beads on eBay in alphabet sets. You could get number ones instead. You could use curved safety pins instead. Also, you could make a little pouch to keep them in or pin them to a pretty quilted mat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]443450[/ATTACH]

Put a note in, advising that they use them in seams. I read somewhere that pins left in a quilt for a long time actually rusted!
    Attached Thumbnails img_0551-1-.jpg  
    Old 10-27-2013, 06:19 AM
    Power Poster

The best new notion I have are the small Wonder Clips from Clover. I use those instead of pins. You can get a card of 10 for $5. Add a long measuring tape to the package.
    Old 10-27-2013, 06:31 AM

A few things on my wish list are a bobbin box, more flat head pins, a ruler organizer, a larger cutting mat, a longer ruler, a thread catcher, a scrap organizer.
    Some of my items are beyond your suggested spending limit however.
    Old 10-27-2013, 08:05 AM
    Power Poster

Everyting mentioned sounds great, also a perfect piecing seam guide by collins is nice.
    Old 10-27-2013, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by SmickChick
    Our local flea market has real GLASS magnifying glasses....for $1!!!! That, along with some "maggies"...(eyeglasses in 1.5 magnification---in my case anyway!!!!) for $1 at the Dollar Store. A roll of parchment paper from Sams/Costco. Super big, i.e. 2.5 gal ziploc bags; various colored Sharpies, blue painters tape....at the list goes on and on...Obviously not suited for more traditional thinkers......actually, I told myself that I needed to find a large lot of scapel blades like the doctors use. I have been buying two similar type blades at Hobby Lobby, and really need a larger stash of these. For me, they beat the heck out of seam rippers!

Have a nice holiday event!
    OMG: "Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!!!!"
    I never can think of anything. Your list is going to town with me. Course, I could just go look around my quilt studio.
    Reducing glass, clip on magnifying lenses, pipe cleaner strung with prewound bobbins and applique needles, white elephant, glue sticks, post it notes, distilled water, spritz bottle, portable iron mat that fold to a hot mit for iron, 5 pairs of Harbor Freight disposable scissors, scissor case, storage box, tracing paper, freezer paper, jar of old buttons, retractable measuring tape that fits in a purse, calculator that fits in a purse, snap-it bag, chap stick, mechanical pencil, temporary marking pen/pencil, pen cushion/trash bag, mat that goes under the machine with pockets on front to hold notions, tomato pen cushion marked with sizes/types sewing machine needles, nail files, Command strips, home made quilt hanger (thinking of heavy metal wire bent into a design, kind of like a garment hanger)....what fun it is to brainstorm......and of course.....chocolate. ...OH and it could be tied with wired craft ribbon.... OH and wrapped in a fat quarter. Did anyone get my name?
    Old 10-28-2013, 03:10 AM

Ask around as to what has been exchanged in the past. Our guild started off with a $10 exchange, but no one even stayed close to the amount. I would say it's at least $20 - often more.
    Old 10-28-2013, 04:26 AM

I would use that as an excuse to browse in Harbor Freight.