Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • quilt naming question >
  • quilt naming question

• quilt naming question

Old 05-31-2010, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie
    Originally Posted by athenagwis
    Quite honestly I wouldn't stress about it, if you like the name and It's not a trademarked name like "Dear Jane" like someone said, use it. I am pretty sure that the people who made the "yellow Brick Road" pattern didn't check if no quilt in the history of time ever was named that, because I am sure there were many many that were. They obviously had nothing to do with what the pattern looks like, but I think you will find it impossible to find a unique name when it comes to quilt names since there are so many named quilts out there. LOL

Rachel
    Rachel, I just have to say I love your avatar. You and DH really look like actors! I love the expressions and in this picture you remind me a bit of Melissa Gilbert. :-D
    Have you ever told the story of this picture on a thread?
    I am not sure if I have mentioned what the picture is, but I guess here is as good as any!! :) My husband, son, and I do Revolutionary War reenacting, this is a picture from one of our events. Reenacting is a great way to get away from everything modern for a weekend, and we love doing it!! Some of our clothes I buy, but others I make. The red dress I am wearing in the picture I made completely by hand (no machine), it took a long time, but it wasn't really hard to put together. I attached a picture that shows my whole dress below. We have not had the opportunity to be an extra in any movies so I guess we aren't really "actors" but I know some reenactors that have. It would be fun to do I think!! :)

Cheers!
    Rachel

This pic isn't with my proper stays so it looks weird, but you can get the idea of the dress! :)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]76360[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-76355.jpe  
    Old 05-31-2010, 02:25 PM
    Power Poster

That dress is beautiful.