Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilt patterns >
  • Quilt patterns

• Quilt patterns

Old 10-19-2015, 06:19 AM

I don't think I would say I don't like a pattern per say....usually it comes down to the fabric used.. I know I've looked at patterns/quilts and did not like them and then someone comes along and has used different fabrics and wow I find I like the pattern/quilt...So what I do is take the pattern and google it and click on image to see if someone else has used different fabric....most times I'll find that I do like it....With that said, I do find I try and steer away from difficult patterns.....
    Old 10-19-2015, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy
    That happens to us all. Even at big shows I will wonder what someone way thinking. But then, they probably think the same about mine. :-)
    I recently had a quilt at an AQS show. I like to stand by innocently and listen to comments as they don't know me from Eve. I think it is fun and a learning experience. One group of ladies said, I wonder why she did that on the ends? (To make it longer.) I gathered from the tone that she didn't like it. The next group said, "I sure do like the way she did that on the ends. It frames the quilt." So in the eye of the beholder, as Jeanne S. said. If we all liked the same thing what a boring world and the fabric and pattern companies wouldn't make so much for us to choose from.
    Old 10-19-2015, 11:13 AM

some patterns are "done to death" but i appreciate all the work people have put into them...i also understand there are many who don't like the color combos chosen for the patterns either...but that's OK! it's a good thing that everyone has a choice! or two...
    Old 10-19-2015, 12:17 PM
    Power Poster

I don't like the Bargello quilts or any that seem too busy to me. Those that are too busy literally make me feel ill, but not sure why.