Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilt Police are knocking at my door >
  • Quilt Police are knocking at my door

• Quilt Police are knocking at my door

Old 12-21-2010, 07:14 PM

Weeelll.....did you happen to sneak your heavy duty seam ripper in with you? It might be able to scratch out the mortar between the bricks....
    Old 12-21-2010, 07:52 PM

Funny, the things that pop into my head from out of no where. A little melody that we sang as children. I think it was a sea shanty. It began, "Who's that knocking at my door? Who's that knocking at my door?"

Then, when someone came to visit, they would say "knock,knock" and we'd say, "Who dat?" and they'd say, "Who dat??" and we'd say, "Who dat, who say who dat, when I say who dat?" (Yea ya right - I'm from Newalins,)

Anyway, I now realize that was a code amongst sewers, assuring that the caller was a friendly. The QP wouldn't be wise to anything that ludicrous, now would they? It's sew simple. They will either ring the bell or rap on the door with their basting gun. The mail man rings twice, the horses go clompty-clomp as they gallop by, UPS will toot the horn when they deliver those huge bundles of bail quarters, and friendly quilters just keep talking. What's to fear?
    Old 12-21-2010, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sloan Quinn
    Weeelll.....did you happen to sneak your heavy duty seam ripper in with you? It might be able to scratch out the mortar between the bricks....
    Drat! I dropped it when they nabbed me!
    Old 12-21-2010, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by olebat
    Funny, the things that pop into my head from out of no where. A little melody that we sang as children. I think it was a sea shanty. It began, "Who's that knocking at my door? Who's that knocking at my door?"

Then, when someone came to visit, they would say "knock,knock" and we'd say, "Who dat?" and they'd say, "Who dat??" and we'd say, "Who dat, who say who dat, when I say who dat?" (Yea ya right - I'm from Newalins,)

Anyway, I now realize that was a code amongst sewers, assuring that the caller was a friendly. The QP wouldn't be wise to anything that ludicrous, now would they? It's sew simple. They will either ring the bell or rap on the door with their basting gun. The mail man rings twice, the horses go clompty-clomp as they gallop by, UPS will toot the horn when they deliver those huge bundles of bail quarters, and friendly quilters just keep talking. What's to fear?
    Noooowww you tell me about the secret knock! Where were you when I got nabbed? :?:
    Old 12-21-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
    Originally Posted by olebat

Noooowww you tell me about the secret knock! Where were you when I got nabbed? :?:
    Where was I? Hiding behind the QP Bait, the last place they would think to look for me. I was red with blush and just blended in.
    Old 12-21-2010, 08:52 PM

Well there's always someone in the joint that can get things, right? Mehbe they can get you a new one?
    Old 12-22-2010, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sloan Quinn
    Well there's always someone in the joint that can get things, right? Mehbe they can get you a new one?
    Yeh, I have heard that...now I wonder what I need to bribe them? Where's Martha Steward when you need her?
    Old 12-22-2010, 05:44 AM

Just remember, they can't come in without a warrent. Pull the shades and ignore the quilt police.
    Old 12-22-2010, 05:50 AM

Cute! Gave me a good chuckle.

You make bail by offering to make the judge a lap quilt for days he/she has to sit in court and it's cold. LOL
    Old 12-22-2010, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by clsurz
    You make bail by offering to make the judge a lap quilt for days he/she has to sit in court and it's cold. LOL
    Now there's an idea! If only someone can smuggle some of my stash in here....umm, scissors, thread.....umm......