Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • quilt retreat >
  • quilt retreat

• quilt retreat

Old 08-05-2008, 07:12 PM

Ellen: I too am disabled. However, it doesn't stop me! Retreats are very accommodating and the people that go, go out of their way to help you. PLEASE DO NOT LET YOUR DISABILITY STOP YOU!!!! They are great fun and they make your day/year. GiGi :D :D :D
    Old 08-06-2008, 03:26 AM

I have never been on a retreat but would love to someday. I actually thought about organizing one myself here locally for my students. I still might do that, but I have a few other things I need to take care of first before starting that project. But I WILL do it one day!
    Old 01-16-2010, 09:18 PM

I would love to go on one, but have to work.
    Old 01-16-2010, 09:35 PM

So, are these retreats rather like the 'chat meets' except they aren't the dating and bed hopping mess? It sounds facinating and I would be interested. I'm not a very accomplished quilter, but I'd love to learn stuff.
    Old 01-17-2010, 12:22 AM
    Google Goddess

Hi,

We need to plan on a retreat for 2010! I was searching online and a lady set one up for Shipshewana, Indiana at a big motel and already booked.

Anyone interesting in coming to Indiana for a retreat? I can contact that lady from Lafayette, Indiana as she is a longarm quilter and she is the one that organized the retreat.

Karen
    Old 01-17-2010, 06:52 AM

I describe Quilt Retreats as an educational, relaxing, entertaining and fun weekend. Where else can you spend 3 or 4 days with people who love to do what you do; quilt!
    I am in my eighth year of sponsoring a Quilt Retreat Getaway Weekend here in Wisconsin. I have had people fly in from as far as California and Arizonia. A group of women from Pennsylvania drove in one year.
    I have had quilters who never ran a sewing machine before attend my retreats as well as quilters who are probably as expierenced or more expierenced than me come to our retreats. The great thing is, everyone mixes really well. If you bring a friend who is brand new, you still sit by them and we come to you to help each of you.
    I went to a number of retreats before I started my own eight years ago. I keep working to improve and try new things each year. We have moved from a "retreat center"with shared bathrooms in our earliest years to a nice, new hotel and convention center in 2009. We love the better beds and the convenience of a hotel attached to the VERY LARGE convention center which gives us so much room.
    A couple of years back, I started bring a massage girl to the retreat. Off course, she is a real hit. That really feels good after sitting and sewing for hours in a row.
    The bottom line is a quilt retreat is a great layed back atmosphere where you will meet other new quilters and make new friends for life!
    If any of you are intersted in joining us here in Belmont, Wisconsin, we would love to have you join us!
    Old 01-17-2010, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    I have never been on a retreat but would love to someday. I actually thought about organizing one myself here locally for my students. I still might do that, but I have a few other things I need to take care of first before starting that project. But I WILL do it one day!
    How did your new home finish?
    Old 01-21-2010, 11:21 PM

Anyone know of or want to plan a retreat in Northern California? Heck, I might even drive to Southern CA :)