Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilt shops in Dallas Fort Worth >
  • Quilt shops in Dallas Fort Worth

• Quilt shops in Dallas Fort Worth

Old 05-30-2017, 08:10 AM

I just checked online about the Quilt Asylum. They closed their brick and mortar store this year. That was one I was interested in visiting.
    Old 05-30-2017, 08:54 AM

There are 3 within blocks of each other in the Arlington area that I know of, one is Peggy's. It is a block behind McDonald's off the main drag. Across and maybe 1 signal down on the other side of the drag is Sew Fabricated that carried mostly modern, and then maybe a signal or two more and to the left is Quilt among friends that has a variety.

** Row by row experience starts soon. Forgot, they have a list of shops by state! Go to start here, TX plates. Hope you are there when it starts.
    Old 05-30-2017, 07:23 PM

So bummed about Quilt Asylum! I wondered why Google said it was permanently closed when their website was clearly up and running. I didn't poke around (trying not to be tempted) so maybe they had something on their website to indicate the closing. Bummer.

Quilt Country is only about 25-30min north of Irving, depending on what part of Irving you'll be in.
    Old 05-31-2017, 03:57 AM

Texas sounds like the place I want to retire to someday...the quilt shops sound great! Plus the warmer weather, and great food!
    Old 05-31-2017, 05:47 AM

I really like Quilters Dream in Colleyville and Cabbage Rose in Fort Worth.
    Old 05-31-2017, 07:48 AM

Happiness Is Quilting has moved to 153 South Central Expressway, McKinney, Westgate shopping center. I haven't been to the new shop yet but loved the old one.
    Old 05-31-2017, 08:32 AM

If you go to rowbyrowexperience.com and click on Map you will get a nice google map of lots of quilt shops in every state.
    Old 05-31-2017, 01:17 PM

Joan, Lucky you! I lived in McKinney for 12 years and really got spoiled with all the quilt shops available. They are correct, the Quilt Asylum did close their brick and mortar store recently, but as noted, there are many other great shops. My personal favorites are Happiness is Quilting, 153 South Central Expressway, and Stitched with Love at 500 North Custer Rd, both in McKinney and both have super friendly, helpful staff. As noted Happiness just recently moved from downtown McKinney. The others I would highly recommend are Fabric Fanatics in Plano, Quilt Country in Lewisville, and the Old Craft Store in Carrollton. Cabbage Rose in Fort Worth is probably closest to Irving. I have never been in the store but have ordered online from them and their customer service is fantastic. We moved to North Carolina and it has been an adjustment! I am 60 miles from a quilt shop and the only place to buy thread here is Walmart or Hobby Lobby. Enjoy your trip and let us know which shops you liked best!
    Old 05-31-2017, 02:00 PM

I live in Dallas area and the quilt country store in Lewisville is probably 20 miles north of Dallas on I-35 on the
    west side of 35. I've been there once and I loved going there. Also the other stores mentioned are all
    wonderful. But, boy you need a map.
    Old 06-01-2017, 11:51 AM
    mkc

Originally Posted by AudreyB
    Dallas is a huge area.
    Agree - we live in the far northwest area of the Metroplex. It takes us 2 hours, without traffic, to reach the eastern edge.

Be prepared for toll roads. You will get bills in the mail if you take them. IIRC they hit you with a pretty hefty "service fee" for this, so try to avoid them.

Michelle