Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • quilt templates >
  • quilt templates

• quilt templates

Old 05-07-2014, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by quiltstringz
    I know that not everyone likes them but I love the Marti Michell templates. I have done a couple of her BOMs and the acrylic templates makes it easy to cut and also fussy cut.
    I like them. I didn't the 1st time I used them for a bloc of the month. Then I took another one w/ the wild rose fabric & took care to have a true scant 1/4" seam & cut with the same ruler family. It made a big difference.

I also like Cara Gulati's templates for the Varigated Vortex quilt & the Radiant Suns quilt.
    Old 05-07-2014, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by mckwilter
    I did several $5 quilts through the LQS, and we used the Marti Michell templates. Hated them. About the only new template I have purchased this year is for the Dresden plate, and after I had purchased the template, I found a June Tailor shape cut that lets you cut 3 blades at a time before moving it, instead of having to move the template each time you cut.
    I'm curious why you dislike the Marti Michell templates so much (if you don't mind sharing). I bought several sets when they first came out but have to admit I've never tried them. They currently reside in the box (the very large box ) of specialty rulers/templates I've purchased and never used. Maybe someday. Joyce in DE
    Old 05-07-2014, 08:51 PM

Me too! I just priced a sheet today at Hancocks $9.00 wow!
    Old 05-07-2014, 08:56 PM

June Taylor without a doubt, 2nd up is my Accuquilt Go lol
    Old 05-08-2014, 03:42 AM

I'm a hand piece and use Ardco. These are metal window templates you can mark the sewing line and cutting line at the same time. Vi
    Old 05-08-2014, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by JoyceHoopes
    I'm curious why you dislike the Marti Michell templates so much (if you don't mind sharing). I bought several sets when they first came out but have to admit I've never tried them. They currently reside in the box (the very large box ) of specialty rulers/templates I've purchased and never used. Maybe someday. Joyce in DE
    It wasn't so much the Marti Michell templates in particular, just hated the fussiness of having to cut each individual piece. If I'd been doing several of the same blocks and could stack the fabric, I might have felt differently about them. I will say that the blocks I made using them always came out the right size, as long as I sewed the scant 1/4" seam allowance. Someday, I will put those blocks together. Until then, I have 4 sets of blocks waiting patiently . . .