Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quiltcut 2 >
  • Quiltcut 2

• Quiltcut 2

Old 07-08-2010, 05:20 AM

HI all-- has anyone purchased or used the Quilt cut 2? I am considering buying one after seeing it at a quilt show in my hometown- but would like to hear some feedback first. It was listed at $210.
    Old 07-08-2010, 05:58 AM

I love mine so much that I bought my mom one too!
    Old 07-08-2010, 06:15 AM

Do the instructions included explain how to use it easily? Or do you recommend getting the video- I'm a beginner so don't want to be overwhelmed
    Old 07-08-2010, 06:43 AM

I would go ahead and get the video if you are a beginner. The instruction book is really easy to follow but some folks understand better by watching than reading. You won't regret your purchase. I have been quilting for years and have used it on EVERY quilt since I bought it a few years back. I also bought the carry case. I keep my rotary cutter with it and if I need to move to another room because of kids, grandkids, hubby or life in general, it is all right there in one neat tidy package. You can crank out perfect strips, borders and bindings ( straight and bias ) in no time flat!
    Old 07-08-2010, 06:51 AM

Sounds great!!!! Just heard from Carol herself ( she created it) and she said it comes w/ a free rotory blade. Was thinking of getting a Martineeli ergo rotory cutter. She used one in her demo- and I was so impressed how fast and easy it cut. Rather than my "pizza cutter" I use now. Perhape she'll throw one in if I buy the case too. wishful thinking.
    Old 07-08-2010, 07:00 AM

I have the quiltcut 2. My daughter who is a beginner just loves it. Whenever she is cutting anything out, she will use it. For me, it just seems too much trouble to pull it out of the closet. My sewing room is quite small and I cut things out in the Kitchen. So I usually just pull out a rotary mat and cut away.

Would I buy again. probably not. But with my daughter, she would in a second. In fact she will be getting married in November and I will be giving her the quiltcut to take with her. :-)
    Old 07-08-2010, 07:09 AM

Hey! Wishful thinking works. I have been dreaming and wishing for a long arm. Last night UPS delivered my new HQ 18 Avante with the pro-stitcher and studio frame. It took everything in my power to not rip open every box, raid the Hub's tool box and start putting the thing up. I started with the small things for quilting then worked my way up to the top of my list. Paid for everything cash ( so there was NO guilt factor ) Hub's took one look at all 7 boxes and turned to me and had the nerve to say " Well, now you have it all. There can't be anything left for you to buy for quilting " I think it was a challenge.....silly man....
    Old 07-08-2010, 07:44 AM

Know what ya mean... I dragged my husband to the quilt show to show him the quiltcut demo-- and he saw a longarm demo.... now he's thinking of taking a class so when he retires- he'll just long arm peoples quilts for them and continue making $$. After he pays it off of course. He's already measuring the downstairs bedrooms planning ahead. I've created a monster!!! haha
    Old 07-08-2010, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by salemmm
    Know what ya mean... I dragged my husband to the quilt show to show him the quiltcut demo-- and he saw a longarm demo.... now he's thinking of taking a class so when he retires- he'll just long arm peoples quilts for them and continue making $$. After he pays it off of course. He's already measuring the downstairs bedrooms planning ahead. I've created a monster!!! haha
    A monster worth keeping!!!
    Old 07-08-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Fiber Artist
    Originally Posted by salemmm
    A monster worth keeping!!!
    I agreed!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: