Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilted Wall Hanging 911 >
  • Quilted Wall Hanging 911

• Quilted Wall Hanging 911

Old 09-11-2011, 02:14 PM

9/11 will not be forgotten. God bless America
    Old 09-11-2011, 02:28 PM

Great Memorial Quilt! Thanks for sharing!
    Old 09-11-2011, 04:20 PM
    Dee

Great job and tribute to 9 11.
    Old 09-11-2011, 04:24 PM
    Power Poster

Beautiful!
    Old 09-11-2011, 04:30 PM

Thank you Twinkie, like you I almost did not want to put the tv on today at least until our JAG vs TN game here at home we won. But when I did the wall hanging I just felt like I had to get something out of my head and heart that week and thus the wall hanging. It was displayed in church today also.
    Old 09-11-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by willowwind
    I have a quilt hanging in the Memorial, I think. I'd been quilting only a year & like many quilters I made a "9/11" quilt, only I had this little one signed by local emergency personnel, firefighters, police, EMS, & the like & I sent it to NYC. I got delivery confirmation a few weeks later & I thought that was the end of it. However, about 2 years later, my daughter spotted it on a CNN show about the 9/11 tragedy. I now know what happened to that quilt. I have a photo of it somewhere, I remembered to get one before I mailed it off, but I cant find it, its here somewhere. When I'm looking for something else I'll find it. When I do find it I'll be sure & post it on my blog. The old computer that the photo was on is also gone. But that quilt is somewhere in NYC at one of the memorials for 9/11. At least somebody will see it. I doubt that I'll ever forget that day.
    Cathy S/Willowwind
    Cathy
    How nice you were able to get so many signatures and then your daughter spots it on CNN one day. You would think someone would have sent a letter thanking you and telling you where it would be shown and how taken care of I guess there is no place to write about it? Did you sign, date on the back or anything like that? Maybe one day you will find the photo I would enjoy seeing it. A lady in church today said she started one at that time and never finished it but now maybe she would get it out and work on it. Thanks for taking the time to say a few words to me makes me feel good for putting it on here. Marge
    Old 09-11-2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sierra
    Brought tears to my eyes! What a positive way to react! I just felt like I couldn't breathe and was a zombie for days, prayed like crazy for my daughter's good friend's father. He got out of his office in one of the twin towers and walked home and arrived close to midnight, still stunned.
    Wow that is a story to tell I know he is feeling so lonely about now but glad he is one who lived to tell his story. It was a shocker in our history, we thought no one could hurt us i the US!!.
    Old 09-11-2011, 05:26 PM

beautiful quilt for the 10 yr anniversary. it's a sad thing to watch but maybe it'll help some of the families get closure. your quilt would look nice in the building they are building for remembrance. sue
    Old 09-11-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by willowwind
    I have a quilt hanging in the Memorial, I think. I'd been quilting only a year & like many quilters I made a "9/11" quilt, only I had this little one signed by local emergency personnel, firefighters, police, EMS, & the like & I sent it to NYC. I got delivery confirmation a few weeks later & I thought that was the end of it. However, about 2 years later, my daughter spotted it on a CNN show about the 9/11 tragedy. I now know what happened to that quilt. I have a photo of it somewhere, I remembered to get one before I mailed it off, but I cant find it, its here somewhere. When I'm looking for something else I'll find it. When I do find it I'll be sure & post it on my blog. The old computer that the photo was on is also gone. But that quilt is somewhere in NYC at one of the memorials for 9/11. At least somebody will see it. I doubt that I'll ever forget that day.
    Cathy S/Willowwind
    I bet I've seen your quilt. 3 or 4 years ago my husband and I made a trip to ground zero. So shocking to stand there, the city alive and humming, but the silence there seemed so overwhelmingly powerful, deafening. Afterwards we made our way across the street to a tiny, beautiful, old brick church - surrounded by one of those wrought iron fences the E coast is so famous for. Hordes of people were streaming in and out. Altho the church was directly across from the twin towers, it had remained strong and virtually unscathed. Firefighters, medics and police offices employed it as a place to rest, a command post in the days following the attack. Inside hung many tributes to the victims, including a mutitude of quilts. I bet your quilt was there, you can be so proud. This day is a day like no other- I will never forget that memory. You gave with your heart, beautiful!
    Old 09-11-2011, 05:30 PM

Great Job A day we will never forget My Husband and I were in Chicago{trucking} I made Patriotic jewelry every chance I got Sold all of it didnt want to make money so sold at cost. Then when got a chance bought more beads and supplies to make more.