Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilter's Club of America called me today >
  • Quilter's Club of America called me today

• Quilter's Club of America called me today

Old 05-08-2011, 03:51 AM

I put myself on the 'do not call list' It has helped some but political calls come anyway. My husband was a good customer of 'Mid-American Tool". After his death they would continue to call. I informed them of his death and that I would not be ordering. Calls continued for 2-3 years. Finally quit - for about a yiear or more. Then another call!
    I finally said "Dead people can't order" and hung up on them. Usually I am not dude but I had had it! No calls since.
    Old 05-08-2011, 03:54 AM

Hanging up would have done the trick!
    Old 05-08-2011, 03:57 AM

I had some one call to renew a subcription, I said "NO". then he asked why,I told him the magizine was 80% ads and 20% imformation. He hung up.
    Old 05-08-2011, 04:06 AM

I have caller ID and let the machine take any calls that I do not recognize the caller. Usually, if it is a telemarketer they never talk, so I know its not a personal call. If its someone I know, just pick up and say HI, I'm here just couldn't get to the phone before the machine picked up the call.
    Old 05-08-2011, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by janjj
    I put myself on the 'do not call list' It has helped some but political calls come anyway. My husband was a good customer of 'Mid-American Tool". After his death they would continue to call. I informed them of his death and that I would not be ordering. Calls continued for 2-3 years. Finally quit - for about a yiear or more. Then another call!
    I finally said "Dead people can't order" and hung up on them. Usually I am not dude but I had had it! No calls since.
    One year before my husband passed away he donated $5 to the Republican National Committee. I told him this was a big mistake but he did it anyway. After he passed away, I got several postcards from them wondering where the donations were. I sent the postcards back marked Deceased. Then, and this was before caller ID, one day they called me. I told them if they didn't stop "Harrassing" me on the phone and through the mail I was going to report them to the phone company for harrassment. The guy hung up in a hurry and I never got another phone call or postcard. So I found the word "Harrassment" works.
    Old 05-08-2011, 04:25 AM

When they call, just ask them to take you off the list and not call again. I believe it's part of the no-call package that they can't call you again or you can report them.

I know it's a nuisance to me, but keep reminding myself that it's someone's job and they have a quota. At least I try to remember that until I hang up so I don't really say what I'm thinking.
    Old 05-08-2011, 04:47 AM

www.donotcall.gov/register/reg.aspx
    did a search and found the number to call to be on the national Do Not Call List.
    Old 05-08-2011, 05:06 AM

That is why nobody but my close friends and my work have my true phone number. Any number I give out to any business is an old one I had years ago. If they want to contact me they are free to do so thru my email. I am a night worker also, and got tired of when nice didn't work I started yelling obsenities at them. Not who I am, but who I was becoming. I only get an occasional wrong number now. Peace reigns. Virg
    Old 05-08-2011, 05:12 AM

I also got a call from them but mine was a young woman. Very nice but acted like we were friends chatting and didn't want to take no for an answer. I told her twice that something had to to be cut out of the budget and this was it.
    According to law, if you say no 3 times, i believe, they are required to hang up. If they don't, just threaten to call the FTC and report them.
    Old 05-08-2011, 05:17 AM
    Power Poster

That is bad. But they also get you with renewal mailings. About 4 or 5 years ago I started keeping tabs on when a subscription would expire and the date I would renew. The mag companys are notorious for sending notices "Your subscription is about to expire" when in reality it isn't going to expire for months. At one time I had 4 years of F&P paid for. Now I track them on line and ditch those notices until it's about 2 months from expiration.