Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilter's Hubby needs Christmas gift ideas >
  • Quilter's Hubby needs Christmas gift ideas

• Quilter's Hubby needs Christmas gift ideas

Old 12-11-2010, 12:32 AM

Wally,

What is your budget?

My suggestion would be to get the Martelli cutting mat, ergonomic rotary cutter and their non slip 24" ruler. I think every quilter wants this set up. They are expensive but worth it! Get the video on how to use it as well.

MAT: http://www.martellicatalog.com/mm5/m...egory_Code=MAT

Rotary cutter:http://www.martellicatalog.com/mm5/m...tegory_Code=RC

Ruler: http://www.martellicatalog.com/mm5/m...egory_Code=RUL

DVD: http://www.martellicatalog.com/mm5/m...egory_Code=DVD

I would call Martelli if you choose to do this and ask for a price for a combo package. They often give you a break at the quilt shows, so maybe for a phone in order as well.

I think there are videos on YouTube so you can see the value of these tools.

Diane
    Old 12-11-2010, 01:00 AM

How about a gift card to her favorite quilt store. They sell more than material and machines and most of it is softer than a wrench. Tie it to a bouquet of live flowers you get from a florist.
    Old 12-11-2010, 05:01 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by deedum
    My dh made me a big board ironing board!!! I think it around $30. I love it !!! I love it but I love him even more for taking the time and love to make it for me!!! Romantic in my eyes everytime I use it or walk into the room or even think about it! I think of him building it & making it for me, so sweet. Yep, about as special as you can get in my eyes. Here is the link if you like.
    http://www.quiltcampus.net/Library/P...ningBoard.html
    This is a great idea, deedum! Thanks for posting this link - I am going to print it off a couple of times and leave the instructions lying around the house in strategic places for my own DH!
    Old 12-11-2010, 05:24 AM

Shes sounds wonderful give her a special Card in it put a list of things you will do for her like a neck and shoulder rub after hours of quilting. She might like a little company in the sewing room Money is tight this year And what I love from my husband money can't buy give her your heart
    Old 12-11-2010, 05:50 AM

Thank you for your kind suggestions. One that particularly piqued my interest is the anti-fatigue mat. I've used one and it sure helped my back and feet.

She wears Crocs a lot but they aren't so great for this cold weather. I may go to a West Marine store to see if they have Crocs for cold climate.

In the past, I've given a "Day at the Spa," massage, and often pick up fabric and books at yard sales and bazars. (My mom sewed and I am perfectly at home in a milinery shop.) Please don't tell my fishing and hunting buddies.

I am going to our local quilt shop to look at the ALTO cutting system this morning.

We are terrified by the economy and what may happen soon. Perhaps this year there will be more gardening and canning than quilting for her, as bad as I hate to contemplate it.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

WallyO
    Old 12-11-2010, 07:22 AM

I also think the spa gift would be wonderful. She probably has all the quilting things she needs. But A day at the spa and have her hair, nails and massage done. Then Take her out to a nice restrauant that nite. Wonderful gift.Hey I would love a day like that......Merry Chrismas
    Old 12-11-2010, 08:04 AM

How about a little retreat right at your house? Have her invite some of her friends to come sew for the weekend. YOu can go do your thing, and they could just stay in their jammas knowing they have the place to themselves.Have pizza delivered, best gift ever! Cost is extremely low, you could have some goodie bags for each one. Maybe with a fat quarter or two and some notions in each! The gift of sewing time! Wow! I for one, really love this idea!!!

If not for the weekend, just a day!
    Old 12-11-2010, 08:35 AM
    Jim

HI Wally....I know your exact dilemna...seems we never know what to get our spouses..both men and women...my wife loves to have a special night out...So why not a couple gift cards, one to her favorite fabric store for anything she might not normaly buy and a gift card to a nice restaurant and possibly a movie theatre...and as mentioned before some candles, bath salts possibly a cd of her favorite music along with a box of her favorite candies of chocolates all arranged in a basket, also possibly a nice framed picture of the grands to go along with it...it's a gift that shows you have really thought about things she loves most
    Old 12-11-2010, 08:49 AM

I've been wanting:

1. A quilting frame for hand quilting. A pretty one...
    2. A really pretty quilt rack to display the quilts that I hope to make for myself someday.

Ask her to teach you how to quilt, telling her it's so you can spend more time with her... trust me, it will melt her heart!! ;)
    Old 12-11-2010, 09:05 AM

I want that toilet seat especially the putting down part, nothing worse than falling in the toilet in the middle of the night.